XVIII

Deb, Tracy and Daniella are gathered in the conference room at their office, busy planning on the upcoming event for the new month. They heard a faint knock on the door and the small crack revealed a smiling Anton.

"Hey, ladies!" He greeted as he made his way to the table, taking a seat next to Tracy. "Busy?" He asked.

"Well, isn't 'busy' our 'normal' now?" Deb joked which made all of them laugh.

She was right. There hasn't been a day that they were not working their asses off. They've been rendering overtimes for the past week because of the full schedule they have for the month. Daniella has been very busy that she did not even realize that her sister, Gabriella is coming home today. So when her phone rang and saw Garbriella's name on it, she immediately closed her laptop, grabbed her bag, and snatched her phone from the top of the table.

"Fuck." She silently muttered and ran off the conference room, leaving her friends looking back and forth at each other.

"What the hell was that?" Deb asked, as if the two know the answer.

"I have no idea." Anton answered, his eyes still glued to the door.

"Girlfriend issues." Tracy muttered.

Apparently, none of them has a clue on why Daniella ran off on them and it's clear that she's quite in a hurry so they just shrugged it off and Deb continued what she's been doing on her laptop. Tracy scooted closer to her and so did Anton. They continued discussing their meeting agenda without Dani since they know that she will still catch up on the plans.

Daniella, on the other hand, was driving too fast than normal to reach the airport in no time. She promised her sister that she'll be picking them up from the airport and drive them to the mansion where her parents are already preparing a good meal for them.

"There goes my baby sister." Gabriella whispered to her fiancé, chuckling at how Daniella was looking for them from the crowd.

They walked to where she was standing. Daniella spotted them just right before they reached her. She smiled from ear to ear to see Gabriella. They did not see each other for slightly more than 2 years now and hugging her older sister brings a lot of emotions to her.

"Aww. My baby missed me so much, huh?" Gabriella said as she pulled away from the hug, still holding Dani's hands while her fiancé rubs both of her shoulders from behind.

"I must admit." Daniella said as she quickly wiped away the forming tears from the corner of her eyes. They just both chuckled.

Daniella then went to Ivan and gave him a hug to welcome them back to the country. Ivan kissed her head as he is actually towering Daniella with his height.

"Damn, did you check your car if someone installed some tracker in there?" Gabriella asked her sister.

Daniella furrowed her eyebrows in question. She did not get what her sister meant but when she heard camera clicks coming from behind her, she already understood what she meant. She just took a deep breath before turning towards the exit with the two trailing behind her.

"Gabriella!"

"Hey, Gabriella! Is it true you and Ivan got married in Spain?"

"Daniella, hey, guys, look here!"

"I can't stand those papz! When did they even get here?" Daniella said as soon as they are settled inside her car. Yep, she's annoyed.

"The best way to shut them off is to ignore them. Haven't you already learned years ago?" Gabriella asked her sister while buckling her seatbelt. "I thought you're already used to it." She continued.