VII

It has been four days since Daniella and Lindsay last saw each other. She tried to text her a lot of times since that night to apologize for the kiss. She knew she should never apologize for something that felt right but she also thought that she should because she just crossed the line.

She smacked her forehead again for the nth time now. She tried to call her a couple of times, too. Seems like Lindsay does not want to do something with her anymore. She even went to the coffee shop everyday to get her daily fix, in hopes that she would see her there and get a chance to talk to her, but it was just strange that she did not see her there.

Dani was now sitting on her executive chair inside her big office with a stack of papers waiting to be signed.

"Miss Dani?" A voice called from a small opening of the door. It was her new intern.

Dani watched as the slim beauty made her way to her table. Her high heels clicking on the floor while her simple yet elegant black cocktail dress sways as she moves.

Tracy is a fresh graduate of Journalism and saw The Perfect Bride's job openings on a Facebook sponsored ad. She immediately submitted her resume to the email address provided on the said post and became fortunate enough to be one of the six new interns that were hired within the week.

Daniella did the final interview with all of the applicants so she knows Tracy's story. Tracy knows that her course doesn't have anything to do with Dani's company, but she was just like Dani. She knows that she wants to organize amazing events and to help people reach their dream weddings.

Dani sees herself in Tracy. She was just so like her when she was her age. Judged by her own family and ran away because of being an abomination. Her parents stopped supporting her studies because she could not change. She looks at Tracy as a younger sister and she wants to help her become truly happy being herself.

"I told you to just call me by my first name." Dani rolled her eyes.

They've only been working together for 2 days now but they both instantly clicked. She felt like Tracy was an reincarnation of Isabelle, but only younger than her.

"We're still in the office. I can only call you that when we're outside. And besides, I always hear Anton and Deborah call you 'boss' a couple of times here." Tracy said as she settles herself on the chair in front of her.

"They're just making fun of me." Daniella countered. "Why are you here, by the way?" She asked when she noticed that the young woman just sat there without any business.

"Nothing. Just bored, I guess? I don't have anything to do yet except for fixing my coffee, annoying Anton and being Deb's personal slave." Dani laughed softly as Tracy rolled her eyes. Her best friends were making fun of her younger version because they said that she's like Dani, but more gullible.

"Well, you should be used to those two. Aaaaand of course, you'll have to seize days like this because next month, we'll be very busy." Daniella advised her while sorting the papers and photographs in front of her.

She went to the shelf and stacked the papers inside the folders and neatly arranged them tightly with each other.

"Who's this?" Dani heard Tracy asked. She turned around to look at what the younger one was referring to.

Tracy was holding the photos from Hillary's wedding. Only that it's all Lindsay's pictures. She immediately snatched it from Tracy which made the younger one smirk.

"N-no one!" She unintentionally raised her voice due to nervousness. Lindsay still has that effect on her. Even in her photographs.

"Really? Why are you blushing, then?" Tracy thought it was fun to play with Dani's uncontrollable redness.