XII

Lindsay's POV

I woke up to someone slightly shaking my body. I poked my head from the covers and saw my mom looking down and smiling at me.

"Good morning, baby." I smiled, never heard of her endearment for the past 8 months made me realize how much I missed home.

"Morning, mom." I answered sleepily.

She kissed my forehead, that's what my parents always do when I was a kid, but growing up, it's only my mom who did it.

"Do you want to cook breakfast for me and your guest?" My mom asked while she tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear.

I suddenly remember that Daniella is here with me and is sleeping at the guest room across mine. Then I remember how she looked so distressed because of the weather. I've never seen her like that before, I never even imagined to see her in that state. Poor Daniella, she might not want to let anyone see her like that. That would defeat the strong personality that she always puts up and wears everyday. Last night, it was like I was with a different version of her.

Then I remembered the kiss. I kissed her, and there's no way I could ever deny that I was the one who kissed her first.

It was quick but it was sweet. I don't even know why I liked it when I always convince myself that I don't like girls, and I've never liked girls. All of my past relationships were with guys and I couldn't remember having a crush on a girl. Maybe it was just brought by first times, it was my first time kissing her. Well with Daniella, it's the second time.

I slightly chuckled as I was thankful that she didn't throw me out of the room last night like what I did to her when she kissed me first. She looked shock, but she didn't complain.

"I'll go and pick up some groceries real quick." My mom's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I really need to pay more attention when I'm talking with someone.

"Ok, mom." I said and got out of the bed.

I padded to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face and went back to my room so I can fix my hair.

When I opened the door to get out of the bedroom, Daniella's door cracked open too. She looked like she didn't have enough sleep last night. Her eyes looked tired and her body seemed weak. I stared at her for a while, she had her head down and her hair undone, but I couldn't deny it, she still looked stunning. How is that even possible?

"Good morning." I said first, knowing that maybe she didn't have the energy to talk, I still waited for her to answer.

"Morning." She said shyly.

I smiled hearing her strained voice. It was my first time hearing that kind of voice from her and it was incredibly cute. What I noticed though, is that she's covering her mouth while she talks.

"I hope you slept well." I said instead of asking her how her sleep was because I didn't want to sound so concerned.

"Not really." She answered, while covering her mouth with the back of her hand again.

I started to think there's something foul smelling in me that's why she was covering her mouth the whole time so I just decided to ask.

"Do I smell bad?" I asked and started to sniff under my shirt.

I heard her chuckle and she shook her head.

"No. I haven't brushed my teeth yet." She said it with a cute blush on her face. Even when the corridor was not that bright, her blush was still obvious because Daniella has the fairest complexion I've ever seen and a slight tint would be very obvious if it crept to her face.