{3}

John POV

I was at my locker, getting my math textbook, when someone walked up to me.

Alex.

"So umm... my dad wanted me to give you this thank you card," Alex looked down at his feet.

"Oh, thanks?" I smiled.

I took the card, and decided I'd use it as a book mark.

I scooped up the rest of my things in my arms, and headed to class, with Alex.

We kept walking in the same direction, and sat down in seats next to each other, in the same classroom.

"You're in this class?" I was confused.

"Oh, yeah," he answered.

I guess I never noticed.

The class carried on, but I noticed how loud mouthed and pissed Alex seemed. I didn't know he was so defensive and loud. (Loud in class or bed ;))) )

The bell rang, and surprisingly, I ran after Alex this time.

"Hey, wanna eat lunch with me and meet my friends?" I asked.

"Peggy kinda scares me, but it beats crying in the bathroom, alone,"

I wasn't sure if Alex was joking or not.

"Are you joking..?"

"That's what I thought when you asked me if I wanted to hang out with you,"

"OKAY LETS GO THEN!" I yelled nervously.

We entered the cafeteria in a comfortable silence, soon reaching my crowded lunch table.

Alex POV

"Hey, Laf, Herc, Maria, Theodosia, Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy! This is Alex!" John introduced me.

"Hi," I said shortly.

"HI!" Everyone yelled in unison.

I sat down next to John, as everyone began to introduce themselves more descriptively.

"I'm- just call me Laf. I'm French," A man with curly hair pulled up into a bun laughed nervously.

"I'm HERCULES MULLIGAN! Laf is mine by the way," A man with a grey beanie deadpanned.

"Hey, I'm Maria," A girl with an hourglass shape spoke shortly.

"Call me Theo, I'm known for my luck," a woman with proud smile and dark skin and hair declared.

"The name's Angelica," A much taller girl said.

"I'm Eliza! You seem nice," A girl with long raven hair smiled.

"Still And Peggy to you," Peggy snarled like she did at the hospital.

Her sisters forced her to apologize, and we all shared notes about the science quiz.

How do you do it?
How do you
Find your way
Into my affections
So easily?
I didn't understand it at first
And I don't think
I ever will
You're some test
And I usually ace tests
But you
You are different
From any test
I've taken
You're confusing
I can't answer a single question
For example
Why am I falling for you?
                                                    -Alex
4:17 a.m.