{18}

John POV

After about twenty minutes of walking, Alex and I finally arrived at the canoe place.

"Sup lovey dovies!" Maria teased us.

Alex and I turned red, and looked away.

"Anyway, let's go get our canoes!" Eliza exclaimed.

"I'm gonna go to the restroom real quick. You guys can go get the canoes, I'll be back in a minute!" I waved, and headed to the bathroom.

The bathroom was a small, but clean shack near the back of the canoe place. It was awfully ugly from the outside, a fact that was hard to ignore.

As soon as I was about to walk in, a familiar man walked out. 

I soon realized it was the guy who gave me his number from the coffee shop.

I guess he recognized me too, because he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Oh, hey Cutie!" He smiled, grabbing my arm to make me stop as well.

"H-Hi..." I blushed.

Why didn't I tell him to back off?!

He chuckled, "Can I call you cutie?"

"C-Call me what-whatever y-you want,"

I mentally slapped myself.

"You're adorable! But could I possibly know your name?"

"J-John... you?"

"Francis,"

Why didn't I just walk away?!

"Wanna take a canoe together?" Francis offered.

"Well-"

I suddenly noticed Alex with the rest of the squad, already in their canoes. I guessed that they had gotten impatient, and decided to go on without me. It was understandable. They'd probably come back for me once they noticed I had finished up in the restroom.

Nevertheless, I agreed. What could possibly go wrong?

"Yay!" Francis exclaimed, grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the dock.

We sat down in a canoe, and paddled away. Coincidentally, it was the exact opposite direction of my friend group.

"So, Cutie, how has your day been so far?"

I was starting to regret this.

"I-It's been okay,"

"Mines been great. I mean, I did run into you after all. How long has it been? I few weeks I think," He went on.

We slowly got to know each other, and he actually wasn't that bad.

"You know, I really like you~" Francis mumbled, obviously flustered.

I blushed.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek lovingly.

Did I want this? Did I really want to cheat on Alex? Of course not, but how could I say no to this?

"I-I uh..." I stuttered.

Francis chuckled and planted another kiss on my nose.

His lips felt so soft across my freckled skin, making it even harder to tell him I had a boyfriend.

"Wanna head to my place, babygirl?" He whispered in my ear.

Lord, tell me how to say no to this.

"W-Why not..?" I shrugged anxiously.

Theodosia POV

John had never come back from the bathroom, so Alex joined Eliza and I's canoe.

However, he was awfully quiet.

"Alex, is something wrong?" Eliza inquired in her sweet voice.

"I'm worried about John. What if he got kidnapped?! Or beaten up?! Maybe even murdered! Or worse-"

"Trust me, we get it. Do you want us to take you back to the dock so you can go looking for him?" I offered.

"Yeah, but what if I find his dead body?! Or-"

"ALEX!" Liza and I yelled in unison.

"Sorry,"

"So, is that a yes or no?" I inquired, not forgetting about my offer from earlier.

"Uh... yes,"

__

"I wonder where John is, anyway," Eliza pondered as we headed back from the dock, this time, without Alex.

"Yeah, he's not usually the type to flake anyone,"

"I just hope he isn't in trouble,"

"Yeah..."

A silence occurred as we reached the spot we had been in earlier.

"Remember what you said in the coffee shop? About me making you jealous?" Eliza mumbled.

My heart plummeted down to my stomach.

"Y-Yeah... what about it?"

"Well... what did you mean by it?"

I gulped. Was I really about to confess? I had liked Eliza for two years, and confessing didn't feel as good as I hoped it'd be. I thought it would be all fun and games, but I was unprepared. I hadn't thought out any excuse or response. I was fucked.

"W-Well... I really like you..." I looked down, tears dripping down my cheeks slowly.

My heart pounded through my chest, and I even wondered if Eliza could hear it too.

"Th-Theo... I... I really like you too," Eliza replied, starting crying too.

I looked up and gasped hopefully.

Eliza and I made eye contact. Even though I was unsure, I leaned in, and kissed her.