|Ralph x Reader|

A/n: Ralph deserves some love and he shall receive!

⚠️SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD⚠️

Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••
~(Y/n)'s POV~

The rain soaked me through my clothes as I walked down the darkened streets of Detroit. I couldn't bear the freezing rain anymore and decided to find a dry place for the night. Climbing a nearby fence, I splash in a muddy puddle as I landed safely on the other side. An abandoned house greeted me and I searched for the door.

Before I could open it, someone pushed me against the door and held a knife to my throat. "Intruders... Intruders are not welcomed here! This is Ralph's home!"

I swallowed hard as the knife drew closer to my throat. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't know someone lived here. Please, can I spend the night here? I'll be gone in the morning, I promise."

When I saw his LED change from red to yellow, he lowered the knife and stepped away from me. "Ralph hasn't had a friend before. He is scared and hasn't known a good human."

Seeing that he was talking in the third-person, I knew something was wrong with his software. The burn marks on his face caught my eyes as he fidgeted in front of me nervously. "Who did this to you, Ralph?"

"Human. A very mean human hurt Ralph."

I've always hated how androids were tossed aside because they were useless or people wanted newer models just to show off to family and friends. The android noticed I was staring at his injuries and quickly changed the subject. "You are human. Humans have names. What is Ralph's new friend's name?"

"I'm (Y/n). I'm sorry you had to go through such a horrible experience with humans."

"(Y/n)... (Y/n) is not a bad human. She is a kind-hearted one. Ralph is happy to meet a kind human. Ralph will give a tour of his home." The android took my hand and guided me into the abandoned house.

Inside, the smell of mold and the slight tinge of blood made me almost regret my decision. The only thing that kept me here was Ralph, the strange android who called me his friend after pointing a knife at my throat. He sat me down at the table that rested in front of a fireplace before he dashed up the stairs.

After a few minutes, Ralph returned with a pillow and a rather plush blanket. He laid them down in front of the fire before he started mumbling to himself. "Ralph will make (Y/n) warm. (Y/n) deserves best."

Finished with setting up my makeshift bed, Ralph sits across from me and lays the knife down. I smiled at the android as our eyes met. "Tell me about yourself, Ralph."

After fifteen minutes of him telling me about himself, he eagerly asked me the same question. I leaned back in my chair with a sigh as I told him about myself. "Ralph wants to know what brings (Y/n) here."

"Well, my abusive parents found where I lived and tracked me down. I escaped them a few hours ago and have been on the run since."

Ralph frowned, "No one should treat (Y/n) like that. (Y/n) is too nice!"

"My parents don't think so. But, I'm glad someone disagrees with them."

Another hour passed before I yawned. Ralph noticed and scrambled out of his seat to grab some wood, paper, and matches. He placed the wood and paper in the fireplace, lighting it with a single match. "(Y/n) should sleep. Staying up too late would not be good."

He points to the pillow and blanket. I knew exactly what he wanted me to do and I moved from the table to the blanket. I slid my head on the surprisingly comfortable pillow and Ralph did the unexpected. He tucked me in and smiled softly. "Is (Y/n) comfortable?"