|Daniel x Reader|

A/n: I apologize for the lateness of this one shot. I'm sick with the stomach flu right now. My doctor said I should be well by Friday, but I still feel like a bus hit me. Also, I'll be on vacation next week and won't be uploading. Hopefully, I won't be sick over vacation. I hope you all enjoy this next chapter! Love you all!!!
(F/d)= Favorite Dish
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••
~(Y/n)'s POV~

"More deadlines. Great..." I huff, checking the emails from my editor. Tossing my pen across the room, I let out an infuriating wail. My voice bounced off the walls of my apartment, making it seem my shout was much louder. I stood up from my desk and flopped down on the couch, head buried in a pillow. Another scream escaped me, but it was muffled by the soft fabric of the pillow.

Turning my head, I stare at the blank television and felt my eyes were drooping. Before I could close them, Daniel placed a comforting hand on my back. "You need to rest, (Y/n). You're worrying too much about these deadlines and it's affecting your health."

"If I don't finish the next volume by Saturday, my editor's gonna flip!" I readjusted myself on the couch so I could sit up and meet Daniel's worried gaze. "I'll finish three pages then rest. How does that sound?"

Daniel shook his head. "No. Your health is top priority right now, (Y/n)."

Suddenly, my phone rang and I saw the screen light up with my editor's name. The device vibrated on the surface of my desk as it continued to ring. Getting up to answer the phone, I sigh with annoyance. Before I could grab and pick it up, Daniel snatched the device and held it out of my reach. "Daniel, I need to take this call."

"Go rest, (Y/n). I will handle Mr. Hopkins."

Seeing as my arguing was getting me nowhere, I decided to listen to Daniel and shuffled to the bedroom to rest. Before I closed the door, I could hear Jack's voice from here. He never was one to control his temper, but when he was angry, he'd always shout at the top of his lungs to get his message across to any and every one. Daniel was unfazed at his booming voice as I heard Jack cursing the android. From here, I saw his LED flicker from yellow to red before returning back to blue as he was given the chance to finally get a word across to Jack.

"I apologize, Mr. Hopkins. (Y/n) is sick and won't be able to attend tomorrow's meeting. She has come down with a stomach virus."

"If she isn't at the meeting by eight tomorrow morning, she can forget about ever contacting me again!"

Daniel hung up and placed my phone back on the desk. I closed the door before he learned I was eavesdropping and crawled onto the soft sheet of my bed. Crashing my head on the pillows, I close my eyes and fall asleep within minutes.

-An Hour Later-

"(Y/n)?" Daniel gently shook me awake. I opened my groggy eyes slowly before letting out a content sigh and getting up. "Dinner's ready."

"What time is it?" I question. Glancing at my alarm clock, it was a few minutes past six. "Glad you woke me up. Who knows how long I would've slept." Daniel smiled as we left the room and meandered into the kitchen. Sitting on the table was (f/d). I wiped a fake tear from my eye as I placed a hand on Daniel's arm. "You know how to make a girl happy after a shitty day."

"I went out and bought the ingredients this morning while you were working. I don't think you realized I left."

"I... had no idea. Guess I must've been so absorbed in sketching that I completely blocked everything else out." I sat down and thanked him as I began eating the delicious meal. Daniel sat next to me and we talked as I ate. The conversation bounced between subjects at random and had no correlation whatsoever.