|Markus x Reader|

A/n: Weird story, but I was contacted by a bot on Tumblr. It apparently thought I was looking for certain "services." I laughed so hard, my sides started hurting. This was the first time it happened and I was utterly confused and amused. And you can probably guess what the "services" were. Anyways, on to the one shot! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••
~3rd Person POV~

Shuffling down the strip mall, Markus searched for Bellini Paints. Finding the shop, he entered and picked up the paints Carl had ordered. After paying for the product, Markus grabbed the box of paints and left the store. He ignored the shouts from the priest and headed to the bus stop. As he tried to pass the loud group of protestors, one of them had grabbed him and forced the android to halt.

"All these shitty pieces of plastic are taking our damn jobs! I can barely support my kids," the man shouts, glaring at Markus. Being only a few inches taller than the man, the android just looked down with his usual stoic expression. Markus tried to step around them, but none of them were letting him walk away.

A middle-aged woman shoved Markus and forced him to his knees, dropping the paints on the ground in the process. The man who yelled at him only a few minutes ago kicked him in the side. Markus didn't fight back as the protestors kicked him over and over again.

"Hey!" Someone shouts. A woman with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes stomps over and shoves the protestors away from Markus. She was seething with anger as she helped the android back to his feet. "Leave him alone!"

"His kind has ruined all of us!" The leader of the protest shouted in the woman's face.

She grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back. "It's people like you that make me sick! Instead of protesting out here, why don't you all find new jobs?! This city is crawling with openings! Grow up and get over your hatred!" She released the man and kicked him in the back, sending his body forward. The woman grabbed Markus' hand and used her free one to pick up the paints. She guided him to the fountain and she sat him down on the edge of the stone structure. "I'm so sorry about this."

"You are not one of them. Why are you apologizing?" Markus inquired as the woman sat next to him.

"Because they're human and I am human. I don't see androids like they do and believe they deserve respect. Instead of yelling on the streets, they could be looking for new jobs or spending time with their families."

Astonishment crossed over Markus' face. He had only ever met a handful of humans who thought the same. He even met less who would help him while he was being harassed. The only reason the police help androids is because it's their job.

"What's your name?" The woman asked softly

"Markus," the android answers without hesitation.

"Nice to meet you, Markus. I'm (Y/n)," she smiles. The machine saw the smile and reciprocated with his own. She glanced at the paints in her hand. "You must be picking up paints for someone."