Part 3 - Brokenheart

Nadia stumbled outside and reached a dark place at the corner. She took a deep breath and looked to the dark sky. Her glistening tears had already flooded her eyes. No words were muttered but her heart cried out to God in anguish. Her broken heart was overlapped with her anger at Him which had gradually been an anger to herself. She felt not blessed and loved by God, by anyone!

She still couldn't believe, how come someone could speak that such thing in the first meet! She isn't barren like that fat woman had called her! Nadia argued in her mind.

"One day I will have a Baby!! Let's see!" The distressed woman cursed unconsciously. Her heart was filled with a bunch of anger, sadness and also upset feeling!

Felt overwhelmed by the giddiness because of the reality she had gotten for this long years and that conversation between Tom's mother and the cruel woman, she leaned weakly againts the wall and crying in the darkness.

With the tears flowed like a river, Nadia's mind then ran back to the fifteen years ago... Tom was walking back from his work one evening and met her in a nursing course she was attending. Unexpectedly, a month later he came to her parents to marry her when he knew another guy was around her.

Yeah, that time, Mark Lambert, her best friend had been dating her before Tom came. The charming guy, Tom Mahoney had stolen her heart and she decided to go for this Irish romantic man. When they married, she was 22 and Tom was 26.

And then....she found a bitter reality that she couldn't give him a baby... Fifteen years felt so long vain journey without a kid...

She remembered, the first months of their marriage, all seemed to be perfect. Mrs. Margo and family liked her which made she felt bold to life happy forever with his husband...

But...over the months then the next 2 years...she didn't get any sign of pregnancy.... Her worries started to grow. The problem in her womb and some other terrible issues within her body began to consume her in fear about never get pregnant. Allusions about her as a barren wife and the demanding to give a birth of baby for the Mahoney's clans, it took those words to fully took her in great anxiousness.

Yet, her husband didn't seem to feel worry at all, even till now... He simply wants to be happy with her lovely wife. He accompanied her in joy and sorrow and takes care of her in the most beautiful ways he could.

Any efforts to make them getting a baby had been done...but no result.

Five years ago, they did in vitro fertilisation. Six months after the programme, Nadia began to feel sick. She was confirmed that the programme had succeeded, she got pregnant!! They almost could not believe the news. Tom was overjoyed and he began to take extra care of his wife, and he granted her whatever she wanted.

They're so excited their first baby will be coming. And...one night she got bleeding! And...they must let their baby gone.....

Tom then urged her to do it for the second time. It was succeeded and stated that they would get a twin baby! Tom became over protective this time. He made her lie in bed all days long. And, in the seventh week, he slyly said he had found the perfect gift for her and the babies. Tom built a new room and a full set of twin boys equipments and its knick knacks! But, again...their babies couldn't last more than first threemesters....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In that the dark corner, Nadia stood wobbly, felt miserable by all her unblessed life in the silent grievings...

So, you're here sweetheart..." A sudden tender voice made her jolted out of her deep sadness. She knew it was her husband.

"What are you doing here?" Tom said again softly.

She, hastily wiped her face which filled with tears.

Tom stared at her in confusion, "What happens.....?"

Immediately, her mother in law's words came flashing on her mind. Nadia began to cry again, tears down her pale cheeks. It's so hurts in her throat. She bowed her head to hide the tears from her husband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks For Reading! ☺ Please Vote if you think the story is good enough. Please share and comment too if you find sentences need correction, it's really appreciated :-)