Advice

Working at Greene Heights Academy, day one---end of work day (Harry's POV)

"I don't think I'm quite cut out for this job....I quit." I stare across the desk and up at the Principal, who looks like she wants to throw knives at me. Then she chuckles maniacally.

"You signed a contract that said you'll work until the regular teacher returns. If you want to breach that contract, you've got two choices: pay the $800 fine, or take us to court over it and risk losing the case, which means paying for lawyer fees AND paying the fine. So...what'll it be?" she smiles at me with a fake brightness.

"I unquit," I mutter, realizing that I'm completely screwed and it's my fault for assuming that Wheeler didn't attend this school. Of course, out of all four schools in this area, she attends the only one that had a job for me. 

"Good, I'll see you tomorrow!" the Principal chirps, shooing me out of the room. 

Now I'm faced with how to handle having Wheeler in my class for two months. Today she  said, and I quote, "stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours," but I'm not sure how to do that when she's my student--which makes her my responsibility for an hour of every week day.

I climb in my car and immediately dial Redd's number, looking for someone to consult for advice and knowing his will be crappy...but also aware that I have no one else to ask. Redd picks up and says nothing as usual, so I begin talking, so overwhelmed that I'm almost unsure of where to start.

"Wheeler goes to the school I'm teaching at."

"Dude, you're such an idiot."

"Thanks mate, you're wildly helpful."

"Are you going to quit?"

"I signed a contract."

"Yep, you're an idiot."

"Shut up. I need advice."

"You think I've got some?"

"You're my only hope."

"My only advice is to go after this girl that you so obviously are in love with."

"I like her, but we just wouldn't be good together."

"Why not?"

"So many reasons..."

"You mean ones you can't seem to name?"

"She's too young and too good for me."

"Oh, so you're still on that bs."

"She also hates me...it's pretty obvious."

"I would hate you if I were in her place...but she asks me about you every single shift that we work together. That's not hate."

"She's got a boyfriend, anyway."

"Prove it."

"Well, she almost kissed someone in front of me a few weeks ago...and in my class today she was very clearly close with one of the boys!"

Redd busts out laughing and begins wheezing into the phone.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You're so in love with her mate, how can you not see it?"

"You're wrong."

"Okay..what was the first thing you thought when you say her today?"

"Her damn mini skirt was too short."

"You have it so bad," I can hear him snorting through the phone, and I'm shocked because I've never heard him be this expressive.

 "I do not!" I have the urge to slam down the phone in frustration, but I hold back, knowing he'll just use it as ammunition to make fun of me later.

"All I can say is good luck," Redd chuckles again and hangs up before I have the chance to.

I could certainly use some luck.

A/N: Soooo sorry that this seems like a bit of a filler...but  I thought it was important to see what Harry is thinking right now. This chapter goes to idkaccents, thanks so much for commenting your opinions and reading! Thanks so much to all of you, and if you're American I hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July, I know I did! :)