Storyline

Third week of school, Tuesday (Wheeler's POV)

"I wish I could skip Lit," I mutter, kicking a rock along the sidewalk as I walk into school with Louis.

"C'mon...it can't be worse than yesterday!" okay, so most of the time I appreciate Louis' honesty. but not so much at the moment.

"Shut up!" I nudge him hard as I reach my locker, dreading having to leave it.

"Oh, how cute, it's a faggot boy in his natural habitat!" a rude and screeching voice cuts through our conversation, and I look up angrily only to realize that it's Liam Payne, the most popular boy in school and captain of the football (soccer) team. So hot, but so mean.

"I'm not gay, but it really doesn't matter what I am, because nothing makes it okay for you to degrade me like that," Louis eyes Liam warily and then slightly shoves him. A chorus of "oooh"s sounds in the crowded hallway that is now standing still.

"Lou, we have to get to Lit," I grab his arm and escort him away.

"See you there!" Liam yells across the hallway, causing me to cringe. As if the class wasn't horrible enough already.

"Can we skip Lit?" I can't help but laugh when Louis utters the question I literally just asked a few minutes ago.

"C'mon Lou," I giggle, wrapping my arm around his shoulders and dragging him to class. I don't want to go either of course, but I know that I'll get myself in even more trouble if I don't, and that's not worth it.

"Today we're going to be discussing storylines. What are some TV shows that have good storylines?"

No one raises their hand, so "Mr. Styles" says my name quietly, nodding at me to answer.

"Boy Meets World." He only did that because he knew I had an answer. Douche.

"Sixteen and Pregnant!" Liam shouts out right after me, chuckling uncontrollably. Not seconds later, a balled up note hits my desk and I reluctantly open it.

"ONLY FAGS AND THEIR HIDEOUS FRIENDS WATCH BOY MEETS WORLD."

I smirk and then shove the note under my desk, trying to act like it doesn't hurt my feelings. I make eye contact with Louis and sigh, not noticing that Harry is watching it all unfold until I look up and our eyes lock. I quickly turn away, back down to my notes.

"Anything else?" when Harry gets no feedback, he just sighs heavily and continues on.

"So, Boy Meets World? What makes the storyline good?" once again, everything is silent except for Liam in the back making gagging noises. I'd like to kill him.

"A loving family, a beautiful friendship, and a lasting love," I mutter, wishing someone else would speak. Seconds later, another balled up note hits my desk.

"YOU'D BE A LOT MORE FUN IF YOU WERE SLUTTY!"

I read it and slam it back down, turning around to glare at Liam and not even realizing that the whole class, including Harry, is staring at me.

"Ms. Bloom, may I see that?"

"Sure, it's a lovely gift from Mr. Payne."

As Harry reads the note, I see his looks immediately shift from annoyance to fiery anger.

"Mr. Payne. Office. Now."

Liam is shocked, and doesn't move. He stares at Harry open-mouthed and so does everyone else but me.

"I have a game on Thursday!" he whines.

"Am I supposed to care? You should've thought about that before you began hurtling rude notes across my classroom. Now go." I've never seen Liam more pissed in my life, and Harry's pretty mad, too.

The minute Liam leaves, we pick up our discussion about storylines...but I can't focus on my notes at all and I can't stop fidgeting, either. Louis keeps looking over at me knowingly and that drives me crazy as well. 

Finally, the bell rings, and I'm on a mission to pay a debt as I stroll quietly up to "Mr. Styles"' desk.

"Thank you." I try to look into his eyes, but the green in them is bright and it strikes me as painful for some reason.

"I'm sorry that happened." he looks into my eyes and then turns away with a look of remorse.

"It's not a big deal," I try to act tough, but I'm sure the look on my face gives away that my feelings are hurt.

"Are you sure you're alright?" the concern on his face is endearing. Too endearing.

"Yeah, but you gave up the right to care anyway," and with that I sashayed out of his room, feeling dignified.

A/N: So, Liam appeared ;) sorry he's a bit of a villain, but I needed one for that moment! This chapter goes to Zaynifornia, thank you for all the voting, I really appreciate it! I have a few more people I know that I need to dedicate chapters to, but if you've been reading my story for a long time and you really feel that you deserve one and maybe I've somehow overlooked you, PLEASE let me know, I don't want to overlook thanking anybody! That being said, thank you all SO much, I can't believe I'm nearly at 700 reads. You're all so wonderful!