P7: Puppy

Tom woke in a cold sweat, and shot upright. He clutched the bed covers tightly, and tried to regulated his rapid breathing.

"...Hva er galt, kjærelighet..?" [...What's wrong, love..?] Tord mumbled sleepily from under the covers beside Tom. "...Mareritt..?" [...Nightmare..?]

Tom suddenly started crying, although he wasn't sure why. He covered his metal eyes with his hands, and felt Tord shift beside him.

Then, a pair of strong arms gently wrapped themselves around Tom's shoulders. Tom was pulled into a warm hug, and he could feel Tord's soft breaths against his neck.

"Vi har ei tulle med øyne blå." Tord started to quietly sing. "Mid silkehår og med ører små."

Tom didn't understand the words, but Tord's voice was soft and silky. Tom hadn't even known that Tord could sing.

The two gently swayed back and forth, and Tom's tears slowly stopped.

"Og midt i fjeset en liten nese." Tord continued singing. "-så stor som så." He could feel Tom's body relaxing in his arms, and smiled.

"Better, elskede?" Tord asked quietly, then planted a soft kiss on Tom's cheek.

"You have such a beautiful voice." Tom commented, and leaned his head against Tord's shoulder.

Tord let out a small chuckle and hugged Tom tighter.

"I love you. So much." Tom said, and closed his eyes to savour the moment of being in Tord's arms.

"I love you too." Tord replied, and planted another kiss on Tom's cheek. "Now lets get back to bed, hm?"

Tom nodded in agreement, and the two laid back down, still snuggled in each other's arms. With smiles on both of their lips, the two gently fell back asleep.

...

Meanwhile, Edd sat at the desk in his and Matt's room, fiddling with a pen. Knowing that it was the same pen that Matt had used to write him those love letters all those years they were apart made him smile.

Matt and Mateya were both asleep on the bottom bunk, snuggled in each other's arms under a thin, white blanket. Ever since Mateya had been "born", Matt had opted to sleep with her instead of Edd. Edd would be lying if he said it didn't upset him, but it was obvious that Matt and Mateya got along better with each other then either of them got along with him.

It hurt that the two people Edd loved the most didn't love him as much as he loved them. He let out a sigh, and figured that's just how life works. He wondered if he should ask Tom and Tord for relationship advice, since those two had been together for... quite a long time.

Yes, that's what Edd would do. In the morning, though. He got up from the desk and climbed the bed ladder to the top bunk. He got himself comfortable under the blanket, and gently drifted to sleep.

...

"So how do you and Tom get along so well?" Edd asked Tord.

The two men were leaning against the glass barrier in the shooting range, while Tom and a few other soldiers were in the middle of a game.

"Tch. Wouldn't you like to know?" Tord hissed, keeping his eye on Tom, who was hiding behind a wall.

"Please? You two have been dating for years! Why aren't you married yet?" Edd begged.

Tord burst into laughter, but Edd didn't know what was so funny to him. He waited for Tord's laughter to quiet down.

"Wait, was that a serious question?" Tord asked, wiping a tear from his eye.

Edd nodded.

"Edd, that's like me asking you if you were going to marry Ringo." Tord explained. "Tom is the dog, and I'm his owner. I'd never marry him."

"But don't you want to have a family and spend the rest of your life with him?" Edd asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'd love to have a child with him, but I can't be tied down to one person." Tord said with a sigh.

"So you only think of Tom like a pet..." Edd said in a hushed tone. "That's horrible."

"Of course. He needs me, because if he didn't have me telling him what to do, he'd just get everyone killed." Tord said. "He's useless unless I keep him on a tight leash."

"That's just plain abusive!" Edd yelled, standing up straight and turning to Tord.

"No, that's just how I show my love." Tord snickered. "Besides, Tom is fine with it. He's a very obedient puppy."

"Stop referring to Tom like he's just some household pet! That's horribly degrading, and he doesn't deserve to be treated like that!" Edd yelled, his rage boiling over.

A laser ray pinged off the glass barrier, interrupting the two men's argument. It bounced around until it hit the arm of familiar auburn-haired soldier skittishly hiding behind a wall.

A scream filled the air. "FILS DE SALOP!" [SON OF A BITCH!] Jake shouted, holding his burnt arm.

"Halt! Man down!" Tom ordered, holding his arm up and coming out of hiding. "Sorry, Jake. Forgot to set my pistol to stun." He apologized.

Emma was instantly at Jake's side. "Lets get you to the infirmary." She said.

There was a whirring noise, then the glass barrier around the shooting range lowered itself into the ground.

Emma and Jake walked off in the direction of the medical building, and Tom went to where Tord and Edd were once again arguing.

Edd turned to Tom, looking absolutely furious. "Tom! How the hell can you let Tord treat you like that? It's not right!" He exclaimed.

"What are you guys arguing about?" Tom asked, and his eyes morphed into a question mark for a moment.

"It's nothing, kjære." Tord said, slinging his arm around Tom's shoulders. "Edd was just leaving."

Edd glared at Tord, who had a large smirk on his face. He tuned on his heels and stormed off, not wanting to deal with Tord or Tom anymore.

Tord and Tom shared a quick kiss. "He's just jealous of us, elske, don't let him get to you." Tord purred.

Tom nodded in agreement.

"Say, I think we should go shopping again. What do you think?" Tord asked.

"I don't know if I want to." Tom replied.

"What if I add a surprise into the trip, hm?" Tord mused, a smile on his lips.

"What kind of surprise?" Tom asked.

"You'll see." Tord purred, still smiling.

Tom mirrored Tord's smile. "Alright, that sounds like fun." He said, then kissed Tord again. "I love you."

"I love you too, Tom."

[A/N: 1 vote = 1 punch to Tord's face! :D Maybe we can knock some sense into him?]