P22: Return (Part 1)

[A/N: There's a nice amount of foreshadowing in this chapter so keep yer eyes open! Also, a lot of cool news at the bottom hehe...]

The mansion was buzzing with activity early the next morning. It was a Monday, meaning the kids were in a mad dash to get ready for school in time for their buses. Or at least, Tori's kids were busy getting ready for school. Tami, on the the other hand, was packing a suitcase with some of her belongings to bring to her father's. She'd been ecstatic when her father told her his boyfriend said she was allowed to go home with them, and had thus barely slept the entire night.

The soft creaking of her bedroom door being opened caught Tami's attention, and she turned to see who her visitor was. "God morgen, Father." She greeted her father, who stood in the doorway with a warm smile on his face.

"God morgen, pus." Tord replied kindly. "Excited for today?"

"A little bit." Tami replied with a shrug, not wanting to show her father the immense excitement bubbling inside of her. "Where's Thomas?"

"He's still sleeping." Tord answered, then sighed. "I know you're not a fan of Tom, but at least try to get along with him, okay?"

"Oh yes, I'm sure the two of us will be best friends, despite the fact that he's the sole reason you and I have been separated all these years. Not to mention those 8 years you spent on him after that accident." Tami said, rolling her eyes behind her glasses. She slammed down the top of her suitcase and zipped it shut. "Say, if I died, would you spend that long trying to get me back too..?"

"Of course I would, kjære. But Tami, you know there's other factors to why you had to stay here than just-"

"No, there's not. I can tell you're lying, Father. Please don't lie to me." Tami said, pulling her suitcase off her bed and dragging it behind her as she met her father at the door. "Can you bring this down for me? It's too heavy and I have to get the rest of my stuff."

Tord merely sighed in defeat; Tami seemed to have an unnatural talent of telling when people were lying. He took the full luggage from his daughter and brought it downstairs like she'd asked.

Tami grabbed a tablet connected to a pair of earbuds off her night stand. The tablet looked like someone had hacked off the back cover, exposing the internal components of it. It was actually a gift her father had made and given her many years ago, and Tami never went anywhere without it. Except school, of course. She learned that lesson the one time she'd brought it and a group of kids had broken it. It was nice her father was able to come and fix it for her, though.

Tami then made her way to the music room, which was rather large and housed a variety of different instruments. She grabbed a black guitar case that had her name stitched onto it in small, gold letters, and hung it over her back. Tami then made her way downstairs, all her things packed and ready to go.

Tord had disappeared back upstairs to wake Tom up again. He crawled on top of Tom's sleeping form, and covered his sleeping face in kisses.

Tom murmured out a small "go away" and gently pushed Tord's face away from his own.

"We're ready to go once you are, kjære." Tord said, climbing off his half-awake boyfriend.

"Alright, let me put my pants back on." Tom answered, followed by a small yawn.

"I personally prefer you without pants." Tord snickered.

"I know you do, love, but I think your family would prefer differently." Tom chuckled. "I'll be down in 20."

"I'll be counting the minutes." Tord teased, and headed back downstairs.

...

The family of three sat in the back of the same limo that had dropped Tom and Tord off at Tori's mansion. Tom sat on the right, Tord on the left, and Tami sat in the middle between her parents.