chapter three

Walking to her English class was found harder, than she originally thought

Walking to her English class was found harder, than she originally thought. Jessica and Bella sat near the back, trying to not to make a scene, when Bryce and his friends walked in. Bella knew Scott was just as uncomfortable, but she wondered if he was hurting just as much she was.

'Do they ever just go away' Alex said with a scoff

'I don't think so' Jessica commented back, 'I swear Scott is such a coward. He can't even face you'

'I mean I haven't made it easier for him' Bella said as Jessica just shook her head

'It's his fault' Jess stated simply, 'He lost you. It's on him'

Bella knew Jessica was telling the truth. The two years that they were together felt like a big chuck of her life. She was more than in love with him, it was something so much more than that. It was like an electric and soul taking connection for her. She just wished that Scott felt the same, during those two years.

'Okay class' Ms Bradley begun, 'We will be discussing film today'

'Do we get to watch a film?' Monty asked

'Maybe' Ms Bradley laughed, 'We will be watching Stand by Me and will write a 1000-word essay about its message'

'Fuck me' Bella heard Monty huffed after his breath

'It could be worse' Bryce encouraged, 'We have a game this weekend'

'That we are going to win' Monty chimed in, 'If we lose I might kill myself'

Both Jessica, Bella and Alex's head shot up. How could be so stupid and disrespectful?

'Oh, shit sorry Alex' Monty laughed at his statement

It was Montgomery de la Cruz's way of saying "sorry..."

'What a dickhead' Jess said while they went back to their conversation

'Don't worry about it Jess' Alex said watching them like a hulk, 'They are assholes'

Bella nodded but she tried to focus on Ms Bradley trying to place the disc into the DVD player. She needed something to focus on rather than facing them and seeing those haunting eyes stare back at her.

'So how was your vacation Bella?' asked Chloe suddenly from across the room

Bella sat in confusion as Bryce added, 'Yeah I heard you went to fucking Fiji'

'Yeah she did' Alex said, 'It was pretty awesome right Belle?'

Bella sat in even more confusion, but she knew what Alex was doing. He was protecting the truth.

'Yeah it was awesome' Bella said quietly as Chloe nodded with a smile

Chloe went on about her dreams of going to China, but Bella wasn't listening. She wondered why the fuck they would think she was on holiday? How does a psych ward count as a "holiday"?

'Who told them I was in Asia?' Bella asked as Jessica shook her head

'I have no idea' Jessica said as she turned to Alex, 'Why would you encourage that?'

Alex blinked a few times in disbelief, 'What would you rather let people know? That you were in a beautiful vacation in Asia or a psych ward?'

'Thanks Alex' was all Bella could say, 'I really don't want them knowing where I was or why'

'Who knew you were in a psych ward?' Jessica asked

'I mean you guys, Zach, my parents and...' Bella stopped when she remembered that, 'Scott knew too'

'How did he know?' Jessica said quite angrily, 'I mean you guys broke up a week after the tapes were being passed around'

'I know I have no idea how he knows' Bella said, 'I didn't tell him about it'

'Maybe he was the one who told them you were on vacation' Alex suggested, 'I mean I wouldn't want to be the original source of a thing like that. If he told his stupid friends, it would create a whole new rumour windfall and you don't want that'

'Why would he do that?' Bella asked them but mostly asked herself

'Who knows' Jessica responded, 'I mean if I was him I wouldn't want to anger you more than that day'

It was a Friday. Bella remembered feeling like her whole world was crushing down right in front of her eyes. She had no idea what to do and how to feel about it. She had heard all of the tapes and Bryce was a rapist. And her two best friends were assaulted by him. She couldn't believe it and her boyfriend was still friends with him. Was Scott like that too?

'Bella' Scott yelled from baseball field, 'What's wrong?'

'Did you know about this?' she yelled, 'Bryce raped my friends'

Scott stood back as he looked around for anyone, 'We don't know if Hannah is telling the truth'

Bella stood in shock, 'Are you joking?'

'Hannah was one of my best friends' Bella cried, 'Why would she lie about it?'

'I don't know' Scott exclaimed, 'Can we just go back to the game?'

'Fuck no' Bella cried, 'I'm not going back with you'

'What?' Scott said in confusion

'You think Bryce is not a rapist than it makes you just like him' Bella said sternly as she could feel the tears run down her face, 'Just go'

'You know what?' Scott yelled, 'Fuck this I'm out'

Bella stood back against her locker as she watched Scott storm back out to the baseball pitch. She placed her head against the locker and tried to hold back her flood from her eyes.

That was the last time she spoke to Scott, before leaving.