chapter eight

Justin Foley had not been to school for a couple of months

Justin Foley had not been to school for a couple of months. So, when he walked into school with his hoodie over his head, you could say Liberty High was shocked and confused.

He walked through the gates of Liberty High as all eyes were on him. He wanted to see Jessica again, even if that meant risking everything. He made his way into the cafeteria, while not caring what people think about him.

With his bag on his wrapped around his body, he makes his way toward Jessica. Clay stands up awkwardly and whispers his name, but he doesn't seem to care. Jessica sits absolutely shocked, as well as Bella. From instinct, Bella grabs Jess' arm for support, but Jessica is too shocked to even notice her friend's gesture.

'Hey Jess' Justin speaks breathlessly, 'I missed you'

Bella quickly looks over to Alex, who is in complete shock, but she could see his anger start to boil up inside of him.

'Can we go somewhere else to talk?' Justin asks Jessica as he notices Bella at the table, 'Hey Bella'

Bella smiles slightly but has no idea what to say to him.

'No' Jess said simply

'I came back for you' Justin explains, 'It's the only reason why I am here'

Bella notices her best friend's eyes well up with tears as Justin goes on to say, 'If you want me to stay. I promise I am here for good'

Bella looks up at her friend, but also take in the whole room. It was filled with silence and awkward stares. Bella notices Scott and his friends looking straight at the situation.

'If you want me to go, I'll go' Justin said painfully, 'Forever this time'

'You said that before' Jessica manages to speak up, but is cut off by Justin

'I tried to go away' he pleads, 'I tried to forget about you...I tried so fucking hard. I can't stop thinking about you'

'Yeah I think about you too' Jessica says, 'And I wish you were dead'

Bella wanted to jump up now and save Jessica from this situation, but everyone was waiting for Justin to reply.

'I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you more' Justin apologized with a sad tone

Bella had never seen the vulnerable side to Justin Foley, but somehow, she kind of felt sorry for him.

Justin turned around from Jessica and looked over to Bryce's table. Bryce looked him up and down, slightly confused and shocked.

'You' Justin said just before he fainted forward onto his bag

'Justin' Jessica shouted as everyone crowded around Tony and Clay, who tried to get him up

Bella stood next to Jessica quickly. Jess turned around to face Bella, but before she could say anything, she ran toward the girls bathroom. Bella quickly looked back at Tony and Clay fighting about something, whilst holding Justin. Bella decided to run after Jessica.

'Did you know he was back?' Chloe asked

Bryce doesn't answer.

'No, we didn't know' Monty spoke simply

Scott turned around to see Bella running toward girls toilet. He had this sudden urge to get up and follow Bella out of the room. It was like his body was possessed, as he stood up to see what was going on. However, before he could even stand up Bryce grabbed his arm.

'She's not worth it dude' Bryce said as Scott sat back down

A part of Scott wanted to tell Bryce to 'fuck off' and go anyway. But he knew Bryce was half right. What would he say to her, if he did decide to check on them? She would probably tell him to leave her alone forever, just like Jessica to Justin.

Chloe sat around wondering why they didn't seem to care, that Justin was back at school. After Bryce was being an asshole to her, as he always was. She decided to get up and leave the table. Before she got up, she stared Scott down. She was disappointed that Scott didn't bother to check on Bella, even if they were exes.

....

'I can't believe he would do that' Jessica cried from one of the bathroom stools, 'I didn't think he would do that'

'Makes everyone else at Liberty High' Bella said as she stood outside of the stool, 'Jess it's okay. No one knew he was going to do that'

'He embarrassed me in front of everyone' Jessica said, 'I know what I said was rough'

'He deserved it' Bella said as she heard Jessica giggle slightly, 'Maybe we could ditch school and go see a movie?'

She heard Jessica stand up and come out of her the stool. Her makeup had run down her face and her marasca was an absolute mess.

'How bad do I look?' she asked Bella before looking into the bathroom mirrors

Bella shrugged her shoulders, 'It could be worse'

Jessica laughed as she began to wipe her face. Bella smiled as she handed her best friend a makeup wipe.

'Thanks' Jessica said as she took the wipe into her fingers, 'Got tissues by any chance?'

Bella laughed as she handed Jess a tissue.

'You've always been organized' Jessica laughed, 'I remember when I hurt myself and you had bandaids for some random reason'

Bella chuckled at the memory, 'Yeah I remember. It doesn't hurt to be prepared'

She watched on as her friend took off all of her makeup. She focused on every pore of Jessica's face and how her toned skin complimented her light freckles. Her thoughts next turned a darker turn, as Bella begun to think back to that night.

Bella and Scott were on Jessica's coach, as they watched the party go on. Scott had a beer in his hands and Bella didn't want to drink that night. She knew Jessica was going to get completely wasted, so she decided to stay sober, just in case Jess started to dance on the table, like her New Year's Eve party.

However, Bella had no idea where Jess was at that point. She was so intoxicated with Scott's smile and his fluffy hair. He usually his hair in a quiff, but it was fluffy that night as it covered his forehead. She was truly and deeply in love with Scott, even if they had only been dating for 10 months at this point.

'You hungry?' Scott asked as Bella snapped out of her daze, 'I thought we could get out of here'

Bella knew Scott wasn't just trying to get her alone, to have sex with her or make out. He truly wanted to get away from the loud music and share a meal with his girlfriend.

'Sure' Bella smiled

Scott and her made their way out of the party, and toward Scott's car. But before she could get inside the car, she remembered about Jess.

'Scott' Bella said before he hopped into the drivers seat, 'I have to check on Jessica'

Scott laughed at her cuteness and her caring heart, when it came to her friends.

'I'm sure Jess is fine' Scott said, 'I saw her go up with Justin before we left. I'm sure she is really fine'

'Okay' Bella said, 'I should check on Hannah'

Bella started to make her way to the party, before Scott stopped her.

'Babe everyone is fine' Scott reassured as he pulled her in close, 'Let's get out of here, before people start throwing up'

'Okay' Bella said as Scott kissed her

Neither Bella or Scott knew that their craving for togetherness, would result in missing the most crucial time. Scott could've done something. Bella could've done something. But they didn't know.