chapter thirteen

After the pre-rally was over, everyone started to make their way out to the school's ceremony

After the pre-rally was over, everyone started to make their way out to the school's ceremony. Bella held her phone closer to her body, just imagining who sent her that text. It could be anyone, but why do they care so much? It wasn't like Bella had gone through any horrible traumatic events or keeping secrets, so who was this person? 

'Hey bitch' Jessica said as she wrapped her arm around Bella's shoulder

'Hey' Bella laughed at her friend, 'Did you watch the pre-rally?'

'Yeah I did' Jessica trailed on, 'Scott with Anne, what a fucking joke'

'I know' Bella said, 'I thought he would've taken his new girlfriend'

'Wait what?' Jessica said stopping Bella in her footsteps, 'He has a girlfriend?'

'Apparently' Bella said, ' Chloe told me'

'Snake bitch' Jessica scolded, 'I'm not talking about Chole. I'm referring to Scott'

Bella couldn't help but laugh, 'He can do what he wants'

'Yeah I know but no one fucks Bella Santiago without fucking with me' Jessica said in a quite serious tone

Bella laughed at her attempt to be a badass bitch, 'I love you'

'I love you too' Jessica laughed but then changed her tone, 'But I'm serious Belle. Don't listen to what they have to say'

'I will try not to' Bella said, 'I did talk to him yesterday'

'Who Scott?'

'Yeah'

'Why the fuck?' Jessica asked as they made their way to the ceremony, 'What did you talk about? Did you kick him the nuts?'

'You talked to Scott?' Sheri Holland decided to join the conversation, 'Hey Jess'

'Hey Sheri'

'Please I don't need a scolding from you too' Bella said to Sheri as they stood there with looks on their faces.

They were not convinced that she just bumped into him in the hallways.

'Okay okay' Bella exclaimed, 'I just asked about the thing with Bryce yesterday. Just wanted to know what was going on'

'Are you sure?' Jessica asked, 'Or did you just want an excuse to speak to him?'

Sheri nodded.

'No' Bella said rather quickly to both of them,  'Okay maybe'

'Snap out of it' Jess said as she took her lollypop out of her mouth, 'You can't let yourself do that'

'I agree it's messy' Sheri stated, 'You don't want that'

'Yeah I guess you guys are right' Bella agreed, 'I mean you managed to ignore Justin for 3 months, so I can do it'

'Trust me it wasn't that hard' Jessica laughed