chapter four

'So what movie are we going with today' Jess asked as Bella was curled up into Jessica's coach

'I don't mind' Bella said as she looked down at her phone

'You good?' Jessica asked as Bella just simply nodded, 'No you're not'

Bella just shook her head. She didn't know what to say, 'I don't know Jess'

'I know it was hard seeing Scott' Jessica begun, 'But sometimes you have to see people you don't want to see'

Bella knew exactly who she was talking about, 'I'm sorry Jess you know I don't mean it like that'

'I know you don't' she spoke softly, 'I just want you to know that Scott Reed isn't worth it'

Bella smiled at her best friend and said, 'Just seeing him today brought up so many memories, that I hadn't thought about for months'

'I was worried sick about you' Jessica said changing the subject, 'I just want to let you know that I'm always here for you'

Bella laughed slightly as she felt herself chock up, 'I missed you too Jess. But I needed to go to that place'

'I know' Jessica smiled as she took Bella's hand into hers

'Your hands are freezing' Bella laughed as she ripped her hand away from her friend

'They are' Jessica laughed at her friend's reaction

Later that day after their fight, Bella ran home with tears streaming down her face. She would usually drive home with Scott, but there was no way she was getting into the car with him. She ran inside her house sweating from the running 4 miles. She felt the burning of her eyes from crying and the crazy winds on that day.

She remembers feeling numb and confused when she entered her room. She ran up to her room as she could hear her mother, Debbie, scream for her name.

'Bella why are you home early?' she remembers hearing her mother say, but Bella didn't care.

Bella slammed her door shut and allowed all her emotions hit her at once. She didn't cry much when the news about Hannah went around. She was in so much shock, that she couldn't bring herself to believe it. Scott was there for her when she did decide to cry, but now he was taking the side of a rapist, over the girl who gave her everything to him.

'Bella' her mother yelled, 'Open the door'

Bella remembers not even thinking straight. All she did remember was pushing her book shelf in front of her door, so her parents couldn't get into the room. She recalls begging her mother to 'make the pain go away'. She kept screaming and crying until she was so exhausted to even think. Her body went numb as she fell onto her bed, and listening to her mother screaming to let her in.

...

Bella found herself studying in the library, as she wanted to catch up on some legal studies homework. She wanted to not think about a lot of things. The sleepover with Jessica last night really did help her with not thinking about everything. It might have helped Jess too, as it was announced that Clay was keeping Justin at his home.