chapter twenty five

Bella received a call from Mrs Barker last night and was invited to Hannah's memorial

Bella received a call from Mrs Barker last night and was invited to Hannah's memorial. She had no idea how she felt about going to something like this, especially with everything that had been going on. However, she wanted to be there for her friends and Hannah.

Bella started to get dressed into a black dress that she had never worn. She still wondered who was going to be at the service; well mostly if Scott would turn up. But she knew that he wouldn't turn up, even if he wanted to. He didn't know Hannah very well, only through Bella. Also, it may trigger Mrs Barker, which she knew Scott would understand.

Jessica- You ready? Alex and I are on the way to yours

Bella read her text but decided not to reply. She packed up her stuff and headed for the front door. However, before she could see her friends, her mother stopped her.

'Bella' her mother called, 'Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?'

Bella nodded, 'Mum I will be okay. I have Alex and Jess'

'Okay but call me when it's over' her mother gave her a warm hug

Bella smiled and waved her goodbyes. She went out the door to find Jess, Zach and Alex waiting for her. Zach was a pleasant surprise.

'Hey Bella' Zach said as she got into the back seat with Alex

'Hey' Bella replied, 'How are you guys this morning?'

'Yeah we are good' Alex said, 'I saw you and Scott are friends again'

'I wouldn't exactly say friends' Bella said

'More like acquaintances with history' added Jessica

Bella nodded, 'I guess so'

'You know I told him about the whole thing' Zach said, 'Clay and I wanted to reach out to him and we knew he would tell us everything'

'Yeah I know' Bella said, 'I know he feels bad about what happened, but I still can't bring myself to look at him the same. Too much shit has happened'

'Yeah I understand' Alex said, 'I still hate his guts'

'I second that' Jessica agreed

...

The four friends made their way into the memorial, with fear attracted to their hip. They were all scared and upset about rehashing memoires about Hannah. Bella wanted to let her rest in peace, without bringing it up again and opening those unhealed wounds.

'Hey guys' Mrs Baker approached them, 'It's good to see you here'

'Yes of course' Bella said as she was the first person to give Mrs Baker a hug

'I hope this will be a good thing for you guys' Mrs Baker said, 'I would love to speak to you guys after'

All the teenagers nodded with a smile.

...

Bella teared up when Clay Jenson begun to speak about Hannah. She didn't realize how much he truly cared about her and how much he loved her. Hannah was so loved and only if she knew that. Bella allowed herself to be open to the heartache and pain that Hannah's death has caused. She let the tears fall down her cheeks, whilst gripping onto Jessica's hand.

...

Everyone decided to go to Monet's after the service. Jessica, Alex and Bella decided to sit at their normal table. Bella had her favourite coffee, Alex had his sugar filled milkshake and Jessica had her mocha.

'I remember all the good times when we would sit here and talk about life' Alex said as he stared at the chalkboard, 'I love how they did that for Hannah'

'Yeah me too' Bella said as she saw Zach writing something on the wall

'I still can't believe Bryce got 3 months and Justin got 6' Alex said, 'Rich piece of shit'

'Yeah but it happens' Bella said, 'He will get karma one day'

'Yeah well he's moving schools' Alex said as both girls sat back in shock, 'What you guys didn't know?'

'How can he deserve a fresh start?!' cried Bella, 'He's a rapist'

Before, Jessica could say anything, Mrs Barker came to their table.

'Hey guys' Mrs Baker greeted, 'Bella can I speak to you?'

'Yeah of course' Bella said as she gave one last look to her best friends

Both Bella and Mrs Baker found a spot, where no one could hear them.

'I just wanted to see how you were holding up' Olivia asked, 'The last time I saw you was in Radley'

'Yeah I'm okay' Bella said, 'And yes thank you for visiting me in that place'

'Of course' Olivia said as she placed her comforting hand on Bella's shoulder, 'It scared me to death. I thought something had happened to you too'

'I know I'm sorry about that' Bella said with a sadden tone, 'I know that would've scared you'

'It's okay sweetheart' Olivia said as she pulled Bella into a tight hug, 'Hannah would forgive you and know what you've been through'

Bella nodded. She didn't really know what to say to that.

'I hope that you're strong and I know you are' Olivia said, 'Hannah would've wanted you to chase your dreams and get out of Crestmont for a while'

'Yeah I would love too' Bella said, 'But one more year of school'

'Yeah I totally understand' Olivia said, 'I will be getting out of here. I'm going to go to New York for Hannah and also for myself'

Bella smiled, 'I think that's an amazing idea'

...

The rest of her friends were going to the prom tonight, but Bella wanted to stay home. Even though, Jess had begged her to go, she still believed it was right for her to stay home. She had heard that Scott was going with Harriet, as he has promised her ages ago. Bella just didn't want to see that and knew it would make her feel like shit.

She decided to order a pizza before getting comfortable and watching a movie on Netflix.

The movie had gone for a while and Bella knew this, as she had finished the entire pizza. She sighed knowing that her friends were dancing and having the time of their lives. But she chose to ignore the sinking feeling of not being at the dance, however put on another movie. However, before she could get into it, she heard a knock at her door.

She huffed, 'I'm coming'

She got off the coach and walked toward the door. But before greeting whoever was on the other side of the door, she looked into the peep hole. It was Courtney.

She furrowed her eyebrows but opened the door anyway.

'Hey' Bella said as she watched Courtney turn around

Bella stood back in shock, as Courtney's dress was covered in blood and tears were steaming down her face.

'Bella something bad happened' Courtney said trying to chock out her words, 'I need your help'

'What happened?!' cried Bella

Courtney wouldn't answer, however started shaking when she saw her hands were covered in blood.

'Courtney tell me what happened?!' Bella asked again

'I think I killed someone' Courtney cried frantically