chapter eleven

Jessica was beyond nervous

Jessica was beyond nervous. She was supposed to testify today and Bella couldn't go. You see, Bella's mother wanted to keep her away from any negative triggers that would make her more upset. Bella knew her mother was trying to keep her safe, but sending her back to Liberty High screamed wrong. It wasn't her mum's fault as she told Ms Santiago that seeing Scott would be okay and how she would avoid him.

Her mother used to love Scott, but after the fight, she had no choice but to get help for her daughter. Bella's state after Hannah's passing was one of the worst anyone, who loved her, had ever seen. Bella's mother knew that it wasn't all just about Scott, but she knew her daughter was in love. Bella even talked to her mother about them getting married one day, which worried Ms Santiago. She didn't want her daughter to be with one person forever, well to be more specific, not marry too young. She didn't want Bella to make the same mistake, as she married her high school sweetheart. Bella's parents got a divorce when she was 8, so she didn't really understand what was going on.

Long story short; Bella didn't see her father that much. He now lived in California with his new younger wife. Bella did have the chance to move with her dad in middle school, but she choose to be with her mother, which she believed was the right thing for her.

Without making this choice, she wouldn't have met her best friends. She wouldn't know Jessica, which is a crazy thing to think about. She would've have met Hannah, which was something Bella still wondered, if it was a good or bad thing that she met Hannah and became like sisters with her. She would've have met Scott, but that was the devil in disguise of something beautiful.

'Jess you will be fine' Bella said as they walked through the hallways, 'Just tell your truth'

'Yeah I guess so' Jessica said

Bella turned to her best friend whilst she sucked on a lollypop, 'Hey Jess'

'Mmm' she responded

Bella froze. She had no idea how to address this conversation, so she just said something else.

'Do you have anymore lolly pops?'

Jess laughed at her comment, 'No I don't'

'Oh okay just asking' Bella laughed

'What's up with you this morning?' Jess asked, 'I mean you stayed in the shower for ages and we were nearly late'

Bella had so many things that had been bothering her lately, but she said the one thing that she could put into words.

'Clay released the tapes online' Bella said quietly

Jessica turned around with widen eyes and a deadly stare, 'What?'

'Yeah he called me last night and said that he wants to release the tapes' Bella stated, 'I think he did because everyone is staring at us and Justin mostly'