Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Foster's point of view

"Foster..."

I groan and pull the warmth closer to me.

"Foster!"

I tighten my grip on the warm bundle as it tries to push me away.

Wait...push?

My eyes snap open. "John?"

"Foster we fell asleep! I'm going to be in so much trouble!" John manages to get away from me and sit up.

"Crap I'm sorry John." I frown and sit up as well.

Yeah Foster, this is a wonderful way to get John to fall for you.

"It's okay," he sighs, "It was my fault too."

"If you want I'll talk to your parents and tell them we just fell asleep. Maybe they won't be so hard on you?" I ask.

I need to help him. I'll feel horrible if I don't.

"No, they'll still be mad. There's nothing you can do." He looks down.

"I'm sor-"

"Can you please take me home now?" John cuts me off. "Please."

"Yeah! Of course." I stand, brushing off my pants.

This is horrible. John is going to get in trouble and it's all my fault. He'll never like me now.

"Thanks.." John whispers, standing up.

We both walk back to my car in silence. The car ride is quiet as well, only John does talk to tell me which way I go. Turns out he lives just down the block from the park.

"This is it." John mumbles.

I stop the car and look around. There were a few houses, not in the best condition, and an old orphanage.

John gets out, "Bye Foster..."

"Bye."

He closes the door. I decide to watch him walk into his house, you know, in case some creeper decides to steal him. Yeah, I'm ready for attack.

Luckily I don't have to whip out my mad ninja skills. At first I think he's going to walk to the decent looking yellow house, but to my surprise he passes it up.

"Why didn't he tell me?" I bite my lip.

My eyes start tearing up as I see John walk up to the orphanage and knock. After a minute of waiting a angry looking woman appears and pulls John inside. She slams the door so loud I can hear it from inside my car.

I wish John would have told me. No wonder he's so quiet all the time! If I would have known I would make him feel wanted. I want John. I need to make him happy.

After a few seconds of stalling outside of the house I drive home. I know I have it coming. I'm the good kid. I don't stay out until midnight without telling my parents. I'm not my brother.

Once I get home I check my phone. My stomach turns when I see I have 16 missed calls. Yeah, I'm going to be in trouble. It was worth it though. Getting to spend time with John was so worth it.

I trudge up to my house and knock. I do have a key but either way my parents are going to yell at me. I might as well be a little lazy and not search for my key. I'm rather tired after all. A long nap sure is exhausting...

Not even a second after I knock, my father swings open the door, shooting me a nasty glare.

"Hello dad." I smile sheepishly.