Chapter Eighteen

"You know that one weird feeling in your stomach you get when you feel as if something bad is going to happen soon?"

I looked up from the floor, my hands on a fluffy pink towel. Rebecca and I made it to a hotel, and we booked a room. I had just taken a shower, drying my strawberry blonde hair with a towel. Rebecca had washed up as well, laying on her own bed. Her brown curls sprawled out across the sheets. I sat down on my bed, pulling the towel around my neck. Rebecca turned her head to stare up at the ceiling, her hands resting on her stomach.

"Uhh, sure, yeah."

Rebecca closed her eyes slowly, breathing in. "Yeah. I have that feeling right now.."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about a bad event happening soon."

Rebecca gave me a puzzled look as she turned her head towards me. Her brown eyes shined. "How so?"

I crossed my arms, letting go of the towel. "It's not any secret that there's something in you that makes you extremely aware of events from the past and present. Being both qualities of time, I wouldn't be surprised if you could quite possibly see into the future." Rebecca cocked her head to the side, debating over the explanation. I shrugged, pulling the towel off of my head. "But then again, it could just be my own longing to have someone like me around..."

Rebecca sat up, facing me. It was silent as the buzzing of lights and rushing water in the hotel pool filled the air. I closed my eyes, facing the ceiling. I just want someone like me to be here. A frown was plastered on my face. Please. Something nudged my leg, and I glanced at Rebecca. She had leaned over, her elbows on her knees as she held her face in her hands. I gave her a puzzled look. A smile greeted her lips as she kicked me a little again.

"That wish was already granted, Sam."

I clicked my tongue, rolling my eyes. "How so?" I mocked.

"I'm pretty sure that you're aware that we are, and will forever remain, somewhat special in this world."

"You implying there are other worlds?"

Rebecca gave me a subtle wink. "Maybe. You never know."

This woman can react to the past, present, and future.

If she started reacting to parallel dimensions..

I grinned at her. Leaning forward, I flicked her forehead. "Alright, alright, you cliché dork. It's time to sleep."

Rebecca gave me an annoyed look, her cheeks puffed out. "That hurt!" She exclaimed, touching her forehead.

..I wouldn't be surprised, to say the least.

"Welcome back, Rebecca."

"..."

"What? You don't love me anymore?"

"I never loved you in the first place, bastard."

"Did you miss me?"

"As if."

"Princess, please, have a seat over here."

"Cut the crap, Xander. Why the fuck am I here?"

"I'm taking back what's mine."

"I'm not property. I wasn't, and never will, be yours."

"Don't forget you were my fiancée."

"One that was forced, idiot."

"Forced or not, Princess, you were still my fiancée. And speaking of which—"

"NO. Final. Answer."

"Hah, how did you know? The wedding will be in a week."

"What?! You can't just do that!"

"I will, and I did."

"B-But, what about.."

The name was drowned out.

"We won't be needing him anymore. Execution upon sexual harassment is being held before the wedding ceremony."

"Sexual harassment?! Towards who?!"

"You."

"I KISSED HIM BACK. THAT'S NOT SEXUAL HARASSMENT."

"Shut up, princess, and head back to your room."

"WHERE IS HE? IS HE IN THE WEST WING? FUCKING TELL ME."

"Wake up, Sam! Come ooonnn!"

"Ughhh.. five more minutes..."

"Nooo!! You said we'd have to walk nonstop, and then we'd be there! We're so close, c'mon!!"

My eyes opened up, finally, and I groggily sat up against the headboard of the bed. Rebecca sat criss-crossed at the foot of the bed, smiling. Her hair had been tied up into a ponytail, and she had on a black skirt paired with a white lace shirt. Over her shoulders was a pink knitted cardigan. She pulled off the blanket, making me groan. After she folded it, I almost thought I was blinded when she opened the curtains of the window.

"AGH! MY FUCKING SEEING ORBS!"

Rebecca slapped my arm slightly. "You make it sound so dramatic." A smile crawled on her face as she put the blanket down. "Now, hurry up and get dressed. I'll pack our stuff and clean the hotel room."

"But they have cleaning service—"

"Go on now!" She exclaimed, interrupting me. She shooed me into the bathroom and smiled. "Don't forget to hurry. We have a long day ahead of us."

"Hey, I also had this weird dream—"

She slammed the door in my face. I growled slightly, muttering strings of colorful words. Rebecca may have been an innocent cupcake, but somewhere inside of her was a demonic, mother-like alter ego. I pulled on a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Grabbing a dark red jacket from my suitcase, I pulled it on and sighed. I ran my hands through my tousled, pink hair, only making it messier. Today is the last day before we actually get to be at home. I'll see Olivia.. Shrugging, I walked out, putting on my shoes as I dragged my suitcase out.

Rebecca was barely putting on white Vans. She looked up and smiled at me. Standing, she flipped her hair out of her face and gave me a curt nod.

"Nice outfit, good-looking," she teased. I flushed red at the sudden comment, and she walked up to me, squishing my face together with her hands. "Oh, you're blushing!!"

I put my hands in my pockets, looking down at the ground. "No I'm not.." I muttered.

Rebecca smiled innocently once more. "Uh huh. Sure." She (unfortunately) let go of me and grabbed her bag. I watched her smooth transitions as she began rambling about how our day might've looked, pacing throughout the room. "We can have lunch after we walk for a few— Can we not take an Uber? Their drivers kinda freak me out— Uh, what else, what else—"

"Wow, you're so beautiful right now."

I paused at the words that had left my mouth. My eyes widened, as did Rebecca's when she froze. She turned her head slightly to look at me as I put a hand over my mouth, my ears burning as a blush pricked over my face. Rebecca's hands clasped together, and she blushed madly. I looked away, and she looked towards the ground.

"U-Um, thank you," she responded quietly, her old-flustered self coming out.

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's o-okay."