Chapter Twenty Seven

I opened the door to my room, and the two waltzed in. My heart was racing. They've changed a lot. I can't believe they're helping me. I felt my legs trembling as I headed into inside my room. All this time.. they were just showing their bad sides. They weren't evil. Both were almost like puppets to my father, people he could control. Sitting down on my bed, I looked at Mama and Xander intently. They seemed to be rehearsing what to say to me.

"Let's get started with that explanation then," I suggested.

Mama nodded. "Right." She gestured towards Xander.

"Since we were able to move the execution date, this plan will for sure work," Xander began. "Samuel won't be executed before the wedding, so you two have a chance of getting out, since the wedding is the main event to look forward to and prepare. Everyone will be occupied with the wedding arrangements and such that no one will be at the West Wing much. Yesterday, I learned that all the guards are to stay at the wedding aisle overnight to ensure nothing goes wrong with the preparations."

I nodded. It's true. The night before a wedding is really crucial. I looked at Mama.

"From there, Xander will help you to get out," she jumped in, "Instead of getting out through the main entrance, there's a door at the West Wing that leads outside. It's a tunnel only Xander and I know about, as well as the guards. It's just in case something tragic were to ever happen, and we'd need an emergency exit. It's also coincidentally the fastest way to get to the catering tables. We have a huge catering table with wheels, so you and Sam will be sitting inside. Xander will stroll you two out."

I nodded again, only to stop. Look king at her, I asked, "Wait, what if there are guards?"

Mama smiled, "If there are guards, he'll be able to cover it up. The guards are literally under his control and bend to his every will. From there, the catering table will be pushed near a bush by the tables."

"That bush has a hole in it," Xander said, "You and Samuel will crawl through it. Your mom will be there to give you your suitcases and other things, and you'll be on your way."

"That's a hardcore plan," I said after a while, stunned at the intricate details of their plan. Looking up at the two, I smiled, "You really thought about all of this."

"Only the best for you, love," Mama replied, hugging me. "Ah, I'm going to miss you..!"

"M-Mama.." I stuttered, trying to wiggle out of her grasp, "you're squishing me..!"

She let go suddenly, smiling a little. "Sorry, sorry," she apologized, "I just don't want to leave you with someone I barely know, but it seems you two have something special that I wouldn't be able to stop." Xander watched us silently, having nothing to say. Suddenly, I blurted out what I wanted to say.

"Then run away too and find us!"

My mouth shut as soon as the words left. The air was heavy with silent tension as Mama looked up at me, almost appalled by my foolish suggestion. "Run away?"

"Yes," I replied, "Run away."

"Rebecca," Xander said. I looked at him, "Running away won't be easy for us. I'm an heir to a renowned company, and your mom is the wife of a famous CEO. We can't just run away."

"Then figure it out," I responded, my heart beating.

Mama nodded. "Well, I already filed divorce papers a while ago. Just couldn't bring myself to tell anyone." She looked at Xander, who looked uncomfortable about what she said and how she said it so calmly. "And maybe I can pull you out of those ropes."

Suddenly, I grabbed the both of them and hugged them in my arms tightly.

"You two used to be one of the worst people in my life.." I whispered. They flinched at the confession, a little hurt almost, but I continued by saying, "but right now, I love you two the most." Mama hugged me back gratefully, and Xander awkwardly joined in. "Thank you."

~~~

Xander Mulligan

Walking down the dark and humid hall, I snapped at the guards to get out. They obeyed, scared shitless. I strolled towards the cell that belonged to Samuel. Do I have to call him Sam like Rebecca does? What if it's just their thing? But what if he goes by Sam? I shook my head a little, trying to stop thinking so much about it. Looking down at my feet, I smiled slightly. Whatever I call him, he's just lucky that Rebecca fell for him.

Even though I wish she fell for me.

It wasn't any secret that I still had a withering love for her. I always thought about why she didn't seem to like me. The only memories I knew of was her father giving me pills to take after I was sick with the flu, and she all of a sudden hated me. I stopped taking the pills from him, suspecting that they were filled with unhealthy drugs. Sam (I guess I'll call him Sam) looked up as soon as he saw me.

"What's the catch?" He asked.

I sat down in front of and looked around us. Seeing no one, I leaned over and said, "Rebecca's mother and I made a plan for you two to escape. I'm here to repeat it to you."