Chapter Thirty Five [11/6/18]

When I get home, Rebecca's mother would purchase a house, but the trio would reside in an apartment for the meanwhile.

That was our plan.

Intentionally, that was our plan.

Nothing had been stopping us from our plan at all. Nothing. Or, nothing at the moment at least. When Rebecca's mother found herself on her phone, reading an article that was buzzing through the air, she had to show me.

A Rescue Gone Wrong?!
Report on a group of six adolescents suffering from their fame and loss.
Olivia Hernandez
Alex James
Kevin James
Cody Jaxon
Bri Owen
Jennifer Waters

My sister's name was written in the article. She and her group of unknown friends.. were a part of a horrible aftermath. Sitting down on a bench beside a cafe, Rebecca's mother let me read the article on her phone as she and Xander went to get something for lunch. Rebecca stayed beside me, not daring to say or do anything. My heart was halfway in my throat, so I was grateful for her silence.

Did that title catch your interest?

What you just read was 100% real!

After a murderous pair takes hostage of the two high school seniors Olivia Hernandez and Bri Owen, their friends were determined to bring them back, taking matters into their own hands.

The pair of criminals had relations to two of the victims Olivia Hernandez and Alex James, who are currently resting in long-term comas. One is the father of Alex James, and the other is a childhood companion of Olivia Hernandez.

The conditions of the two attacked victims are almost shocking, to say the least. Olivia Hernandez was reportedly known to have infected cuts and severe blood loss. Alex James's condition is said to be much worse, with the above injuries, a bullet to his stomach, and a stab injury in his gut area. No one knows what went down, but we assume the worst case scenario.

As of the present, the other four victims are gaining popularity quickly, but aren't too enthusiastic about it.

"These are my friends we're talking about!" Bri Owens, 17, exclaims to one of our reporters. "If you're going to write an article about this, I expect to read some facts, and not some drama you added in yourself!"

Cody Jaxon, however, is calmer when confronting the reporter to clear up any aggression in Bri Owen's exclamation, saying, "In these conditions of our group of friends and family, I suggest you reporters stay away [from] us. We would like our own privacy in this situation, as such people would ask for when faced with a difficult problem at hand."

With due respect, they face away from the cameras and paparazzi, as do the reporters. When comfortable, we can only hope more information can be told to us.

My hands gripped the phone tightly, and my knuckles turned white. What.. happened there? What did they do..? Why was it her? Reading my little sister's condition in the article left my mouth bitter and my heart accelerating at an inhuman pace. Even if she probably forgot me, I still loved her. She was my sister for fuck's sake. Just imagining the fact that she was resting on a hospital bed, unconscious and unknowing of her stupid older brother coming back, I couldn't help but wish it wasn't us.