Chapter 11: Happy

The next day afternoon, Lauren picks up Camila in her flower shop with her Dad's car and they go to Clara's school downtown.

The whole car ride is filled with awkward silence between the two, the singer turns her radio on to break the silence in the car.

They arrive 30 minutes early at Clara's school they both decided to stay in the car while waiting for their child.

Lauren notice that Camila is bouncing her leg in her seat, which the brunette does when she is nervous.

"Hey Camz... Uh. Camila? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. don't mind me."

Lauren connected her device to the car's audio. Her own music is now playing in the stereo. She is singing in her mind, she's too shy to sing aloud thinking that Camila is just beside her.

She heard the brunette humming to her song and she even heard the girl singing in a whisper tone. She can't help but smile. And she shifts in her seat, she is now facing the brunette who had her back on Lauren.

"So, I guess I picked the right song yeah? You know the song. My song." Lauren said smirking to the petite girl.

Camila turns her head to Lauren; "I... Yeah, I heard it once... yes on the radio" she said while hiding her blush.

Lauren saw the crimson appearing on the girl's cheek but she doesn't tease the girl further.

After several minutes of waiting and having some small talk, they got out of the car when they saw other children walking outside the double door of the school.

They both walk towards the entrance and both of them are shocked when they are being engulf with a hug by the kid running towards them.

"Sweet pea! Are you running in the school hallway? You know that's against the school rules." Camila scolds her daughter.

"No. I saw both of you walking when I'm near the door that's why I'm came out running."

"And may I know why are you running?" Lauren asked the child.

"It's guitar shopping day Lauren! I'm excited to buy my own guitar!" the child beams excitedly.

"All right then, lets buy your guitar kiddo!" the singer said, she gets her daughter's bag and gestures Camila and Clara to the car.

The car ride to the guitar shop is not silent anymore because of Clara. She keeps on talking to her two moms as they listen to the singer's songs.

She keeps complimenting on how good Lauren's music is.
And that she wishes she has her talent too.

Camila is little shocked to her daughter's revelation that she wanted to be a singer too just like Lauren.

Once they arrive at the shop, the kid gets out the car quickly leaving her two moms inside, she run inside the shop while quickly get out the car too to open Camila's door.

The brunette's heart flutter at the singer's simple gesture of being such a gentlewoman.

"Thank you Lo, I... I mean Lauren." The brunette said slipping her nickname for the singer.

"Welcome beautiful and by the way, I miss the way you call me that nickname." The singer said and throw a wink at Camila.

"We should hurry because our daughter might buy all of the guitars in there."

They got inside and roam their eyes to search for their daughter. They found her at the end of the corridor, clutching a guitar.

"Laureeeeen! I want this one, this is beautiful."