Chapter 14: Ready?

Lauren is at Clara's school to pick her up.

She notices the table with the registration paper on it, she took the paper and it she read it. It is for the upcoming Talent show in the school. So she signs Clara's name on it and waited for her daughter to walks out from the door. She hides the form in her back.

The kids from the school starting to exit the big school door and the she saw Clara carrying her guitar with her other mates.

"Hey Clara!"

"Hey Mom!" the kid greets her back and wave her hand.

"Hey girls" the singer also greets her child's friends while she took her daughter's bag and guitar.

They all smile and stares at Lauren, they blushed and giggled. Of course, they know who is she. The famous country singer. Clara said her goodbye to the girls.

"Bye guys. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, Bye Clara. Bye Lauren." They giggled again and run after saying goodbye to the singer.

"What's that? Behind your back, what's that?" Clara asked her mom.

"Behind my what?" she tucked the form in her back and wave her hands in front of her kid.

But Clara is so persistent she reached her mom backside and found the form tucked beneath her shirt. "Right here, Oh! I got it! Ha!"

"oh yeah, of course you got it."

Clara reads the form in her hands and looks up at her mom and smiles widely. "You didn't!"

"Oh I did. You wanna do it?"

"Yes!" the kid beam at her mom.

"Yes? All right!" Lauren said excitedly.

They walk back to the parking area and they stop at Lauren's convertible car.

"Grampy's in his car, so we're gonna have to walk. I think."

"Why is my car seat in there, then?"

"Uh... Uh. I don't know. I put it in there just in case. But I can pick the car later. Come on!" Lauren gestures her child to continue to walk.

But Clara didn't walk forward but instead opens the car's back seat door and put herself in the car seat. Confused and shock at sudden action, Lauren looks at her child.

"No, I'll take it." Clara said to her mom.

"You'll take the convertible?"

"Yeah, come on"

"What about all the stats you told me about?"

"Well sometimes I gotta let go and walk on the wild side. Right Mom?" Clara said quoting her mom from their old conversation and then she fastens her seatbelt. "Trust that everything's gonna be okay."

Lauren shakes her head while smiling at her child. "You are something else, Clara"

Lauren slide herself to the driver seat after putting all Clara stuffs at the passenger side.

"What kind of music you want to listen to?" Lauren asked her child while looking at the rearview mirror.

We'll the only one there is... country!" she answers excitedly.

"That's my girl" Lauren said while raising her hand in the back to hive five her daughter which gladly hive fived her.

Lauren started to pull away from the school parking lot which earns a squeal from her daughter.