June 4, 2018 pt1

So I have school later this morning (it's 1 am right now) and I'm super nervous because I feel like my nephew (my friends and I role play as family figures), Deveion, is going to kill me. Not literally, obviously, but because of what he brought up to the teachers last Friday.

He was getting depressed and almost all of the family members found out simultaneously, sorta. I'm exaggerating that part because at the time I was busy doing my homework for the next class. The way the family found out was because Deveion blatantly started cutting his wrists in front of them with metal cards. My younger sister (she's technically older), Jasleen, takes the cards away and the bell rings for everyone to get to their seats.

Jasleen's seat is next to mine and she says, "I think there's something wrong with nephew?"

"What d'you mean?" I say, without looking up from my paper.

"He started cutting himself." By this time I look up and I see my little brother, Shahil, there with us. Jasleen shows me the metal cards.

"Yeah. He just started cutting in front of us." Shahil elaborates.

"Get to your seat Shahil." Mr. Medina says.

Shahil walks up to his seat al the way to the front. Deveion takes a seat in the far back of the room with his head down.

All of student government are watching  videos of the time we had at Sac State Peak Adventures. There were a bunch of pictures but only two small videos.

Great grandpa, Mr. Medina and Ms. Jamiah, the city year aka teacher's assistant, noticed Deveion's state and went over to him to talk to him, while everyone was watching Sandlot.

I was finished with he remainder of my homework and it was time for us to go to our next class. I was about to head out until Mr. Medina held back my adoptive daughter, Josheena, and I after class.

He was talking about Deveion's state. He said that Deveion felt like he was being singled out for insult and that he didn't know it they were joking or not. Josheena didn't seem to understand, but I absolutely did, since most of them I knew were coming from me. Prior from Friday, I felt this sense that I was being too harsh on Deveion.

I could see Josheena get irritated with this topic. She thought he was just being weak and sensitive because he insults us too. I brought how it could probably be a self-defense mechanism. She still couldn't understand, but I no long persisted. The more Mr. Medina talked about it the more irritation I saw on her face. He let us go with a pass.

On the way to Ms. Harding's class (we both have the same class), Mr Mac said congratulations. We both said thanks in return, how ever I said it unknowingly.

"Why'd he congratulate us?" I whispered to the still irritated Josheena. 

"'Cause of the talent show." She said, monotonous.

"Ohh, I hella dumb." I can't believe I actually forgot that we had won second place in the talent show. First place went to Nicholas, which was fine. Every contestant thought that he deserved it.

By the time we got to class, everyone clapped for us as we walked to give Ms. Harding the hall pass.

She was talking about how to write a review. I had already drafted them on paper; I just needed to tweak them a little bit.

Class ended and Josheena realized that she left her box of chocolates in great grandpa's classroom. She retrieved them and started walking to the entrance.

"Hey, Josheena." Mr. Medina called out. I could tell, Josheena still had an underlying grudge upon him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." We walked away.

We were all walking the same way, as usually but what was unusual was that all of us were silent. Quyen had her earphones in, while Josh (her nickname) and I were walking silently.

By the time I got home I took my regular two hour nap. I woke up and started to go on Pinterest, play mobile legends, etc. until...

"SISTOOORRRR"

It's Shahil texting me.

I sent him that

I sent him that. He laughed it off.

I don't remember the exact words of the conversation, but it got for the point where Shahil was talking about how I'm the major cause of Deveion's cutting.

I know what it sounds like. It's like he's blaming me, but he really isn't and he knows that and I know that. He's just confirming my assumptions. We're both really close. So close we're comfortable talking about our depressed lives and our home lives. I know he cares about me a lot and I know he's trying his hardest to not have either of us depressed. He kind'a just reflects my emotions.

I conclude that my only option of not hurting anyone is just to stay silent on Monday. Shahil despises this idea.

"Besides I talk too much anyways. Lol" I play it off as a joke.

"No. Don't stop talking."

"Why? Wouldn't it be better for all of us to exterminate the problem?"

"Nope. You're not the problem. It's not all your fault."

"Yes it is. At the very least, the majority of the fault belongs to me. I'll just stay silent on Monday."

"No. That makes you sad and so that makes me sad and you don't want to make me sad do you?" I know I don't because if he does, he'll probably start cutting himself.

I stay silent.

"Exactly. Literally just today I said to Deveion that I'm happy. And when he asked why, I said it's because Alicia's happy."

That definitely pulled some heartstrings. I don't know if he was lying or not, but I assumed the latter; why would he need to cry.

I don't want to make this chapter too long so please enjoy the next.