seungsik - forward in time

requested by yeins_sunshine

[note ♡ 1. name request: dalma
2. i already used this imagine in an au writing contest with a different member though i didn't get chosen so i just edited some parts of this.]

• genre: fluff, time travel
• 1711 words
• published: 07/21/19
---

You arrived in front of the club as you naturally felt the retro vibe vibrating off the place. You opened the door as a different feeling comes to your senses. The only thing you saw was a blinding white light, then the music starts to fade. The light disappears and displays the club, abandoned as you saw spider webs on the furniture and dust around the place.

You didn't believe what just happened. You walked out of the place and everything changed, extremely. There were greening trees and advanced technology is present. You didn't see a single trace of the 1930s, the time where you lived. There wasn't any visible evidence of the Japanese's occupation either.

A boy caught your attention, someone merely familiar. You tried to call to mind his features. Then you thought of his name. "Was that Seungsik?" You asked yourself.

You stood there for a while, thinking if he saw you. Probably not, since he was averting his attention on a vaguely unfamiliar item that he held. It was a small rectangular machine with lit up stuff on it. You didn't really care about the item, but you then looked at yourself. You wore denim all around instead of wearing your normal boyish attire along with your beret.

The longer you looked at him, the more you saw who he really was. A blurred scene of the real him was shown. He is one of Korea's best-selling author, unfortunately, he's undergoing an author's slump. Most likely, he was reincarnated since he looks young. Because if he wasn't, he would be in his 80s, or he would be dead.

You heard a loud sound as it gets closer. You looked to your right as you saw a vehicle speeding. You looked at Seungsik as he was still focused on the thing he was looking at. "Seungsik!" You immediately screamed his name and he looks at you with a confused look. Before he gets hit by the vehicle, you open your eyes to reality.

--

Dalma's POV

What did I just see? I asked myself as I got shocked about what I just witnessed. My head started to hurt as I tried to process every single event that I saw. I decided to just forget it and tried to act like nothing odd happened to me that morning. I heard someone knocking at my door. I got up and peeked through my window. A messenger was waiting outside.

I opened the door as I asked the messenger "From who is this message?" "It is from Kang Seungsik, at Dies Ante Heri," He replies. "Thank you," I said as I accepted the letter. He leaves as I open the note in curiosity.

Meet me at the club. The message says. I quickly grabbed my beret and left.

I arrived in front of the place and feel the normal atmosphere. It wasn't open since it was still morning. His friend, Seungwoo owns the club so he stays here a lot before the club opens.

I opened the door, and everything was normal. I sighed as I looked for the bar, the spot where we normally meet.

I tapped on the counter beside his typewriter. He turns his attention at me. "Oh, you're here!" He said. "What did you make me come here for?" I asked. "I just need you to proofread my ending," He told me. I always proofread his novels a lot. I'm just glad that he finally made it to the ending of his story.