seungwoo - endearment

requested by @psychotagon

• name request: kwon giera
• genre: fluff
• 1673 words
• published: 07/27/19
---

Seungwoo's POV

I enter the school gates and hear the familiar whispers I hear every single day, and as if it's a repeating voice recording in my head already.

"Kwon Giera from Class 12-A looks so beautiful as always!"

"She's also very nice! She complimented how pretty my makeup is today!"

"Ah, I just love her personality! I saw her giving bottled water and biscuits to a beggar when I was on my way to school earlier!"

"As expected of the kind-hearted Kwon Giera. No doubt everyone respects her!"

I walk past the other students crowding around Kwon Giera. But despite the fact that I did that, I also respected her for her actions though I do have a crush on her. I just don't have the nerve to tell her since she is very popular so there are also other boys that like her as well.

I walk in the classroom and sat down on my seat. There were only a few people in the room. The others would be either talking to their friends or probably where Giera would be.

We used to be friends before but ever since we moved to this school together, she became popular and our relationship suddenly faded.

I'm still in the same class as her so I wonder if she would still remember how close we were. I've liked her for almost 2 years. I tried my best to keep it to myself as long as I can. Though I really just want to say it.

I'm not as popular as her but I also have some friends and I'm known around the school. But she's way more popular than me.

[♡]

After class ended, I checked my phone. But then I noticed, I was part of the cleaners for that day.

"Hey, guys we're assigned for cleaners today!" I said to my other classmates, Hanse and Byungchan. "Huh, what?" Hanse asks as if he was clueless.

As he finishes his sentence, Byungchan slowly walks towards the door.

"Byungchan!" I said as both of them ran together leaving the room. I tried chasing them but I know they really are the laziest people in the world so I let them be.

I slowly went back to the room and I realized Giera was still inside, fixing her stuff. I ignored her presence as I walked past her and got a broom.

"Do you need a hand?" She asks me so I shook my head signaling that I don't need help. "Are you sure?" Her tone suddenly changes into a much more friendlier tone.

It's been a while since she talked comfortably to me like this. I heard her chair scratch on the floor as she stood up. She grabs a mop and starts cleaning as well. It was a quiet yet relaxing atmosphere until I spoke up.

"Does it feel nice to be popular?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. It was just silence for a few moments, she's probably thinking of an answer.

"Not at all," She simply says. "Why not?" "I may be smiling all the time when there would be people with me, but I really didn't like the attention at all." She explains.

"Sorry for asking," I reply apologetically. "No, I was waiting for someone to ask that. Since I can't say it straight to the point because I'm scared."

"Then why not tell your friends?" I asked. "I don't have any," She replies. I was shocked that she said that. She probably didn't have friends due to the reason for her popularity.