chan - everlasting jinx

requested by: MariaTheWhat

• genre: vampire au, fantasy

7777 words

• published: 09/21/20

---

Y/N's POV

"Hey, wanna go for some spicy rice cakes?" Seungwoo offers as we were closing the store. "Sure!" I agree happily. "Let's go!" He says and leads the way.

We got to a cart stall by the road. Steam fumes waft through the air as the rice cakes and other foods get cooked. We took a stick each from the outer display.

"Wow, this is really delicious," I said, making Seungwoo nod as he took a bite from his. We quickly finished our food and paid for it.

"So, I guess we part ways here?" I ask. "Yeah. This is the first time we got to go home at the same time. Our manager is really kind." He says, making me agree.

We waved at each other and smiled. Thinking of parting ways, we went both in the same way. "Oh! You live this way?" I ask pointing at him, which makes him nod.

"Let's go together then," He says and we started walking. "I wanted to tell you something for a while now," He sparks a conversation once again.

"What is it?" I ask while we walked. "It's been a few months since I worked at the convenience store, thanks to you," He starts. "Me? Why though?" I ask in curiosity.

"I'm not good at working at part-time jobs, but I have to since I only have myself for support. But when you became my co-worker at the store, you offered to help me that I don't know his to repay you." He says. "It's for the sake of the store, but if that's how you think of it then I guess it's my pleasure," I replied.

"There's one more thing," He says. "Oh, then what is it?" I ask. While he took a few moments of thinking, a bright light slowly comes from behind.

I quickly look back and notice a speeding truck on the road behind us which was almost close to the sidewalk. It was too quick that I didn't have time to think yet my body was quick enough to respond. I leap to the side, watching as the truck overrides the sidewalk, running over Seungwoo.

The distance was too perfect like it meant hitting him and making me survive. The truck just goes forward and doesn't stop. I was aware enough and looked closely at the plate number, memorized it, and wrote it down on my phone.

After that, I quickly ran to his body surrounded by a pool of blood. "S-seungwoo! Please don't close your eyes!" I screamed at him, shaking him to keep him conscious. "Please say something!" I said, continuing to shake him.

"I wanted to say," He said with a breathy voice. "I like you," With that, those were the last words before he breathes his last breath. Tears start flooding from my eyes as I looked at him, closing his eyes. "You shouldn't have..."

[♡]

After visiting Seungwoo's burial, I couldn't seem to stay after knowing that his death is because of me. It would appear rude but I didn't want to burden myself more, and he wouldn't like that either.

And it's all because of this stupid curse. Why would the responsibility of my ancestors go down to me? Just because of their sin I have to pay for it on their behalf. That's the most stupid thing I'd ever know.