Chapter Eighteen: The Future Awaits

Yuya wakes up in the top bed bunk in Jaden's dorm in the middle of the night by Jaden rolling around in his bed. He peeks over the wood trim of the bunk to see Jaden moving in his sleep whispering something dueling related. 

Yuya's watch then begins to flash different colors.

"It's time to go." Yuri says.

Yuya hops out of his bunk and starts shaking Jaden to wake up.

"Jaden wake up, it's time to go!" Yuya shoves.

Jaden opens an eye and looks at Yuya's glowing watch.

"Aw man, I was having a killer dream." Jaden grabs his deck and duel disk at the end of his bed and then the light from Yuya's watch grows and engulfs them into it.

Fusion Dimension - Present

Jaden and Yuya appear back in the Duel Academy lab, on the ground in front of Leo and Declan.

"Welcome back Yuya." Declan says.

"And welcome to our cause, Jaden Yuki." Leo says.

"Uh, thank you sir." Jaden stands at attention.

"It's now time to send you to the future." Declan presses buttons on the time gate panels.

"Man so much skipping in time." Yuya says.

"This will send you to their time period at Duel Academy, find the counsel, save the world and then return home." Leo says.

"Again I ask, how do I get home?" Yuya asks.

"Better yet, how do I get home? I got duel exams to give!" Jaden ponders.

"Let me see your watch Yuya." Declan takes Yuya's dimension watch over to the workbench and does some configuring and calculating, plugging into computer programs and typing.

"I'm going to add the same algorithm to your watch that matches the time gate, so when it's over you can come home and take Jaden home so hopefully our future will be brighter." Declan answers.

"No pressure or anything." Jaden shrugs.

"Definitely," Yuto says.

"Yuto! Yugo! You're back." Yuya smiles.

"Sure are, we had to duel to pass the time waiting to connect to you and Yuri again." Yugo says.

"I bet Yuto won." Yuri smirks.

"You're not wrong." Yuto laughs.

"Hey!" Yugo yells.

Declan returns the watch to Yuya, and he puts it on his wrist.

"It's all in your hands now Yuya." Declan says.

"Then lets swing into action!" Yuya presses his watch and spins a dial to the future.

Jaden touches his shoulder and then they disappear. 

Fusion Dimension - 100 Years From Now

Jaden and Yuya appear at the new Duel Academy airport near the coast of the island.

"Back home we have a dock for boats, and they got planes?! Man I wish this was home." Jaden says.

"The island format must be relatively the same, get to the top level and find the counsel." Yuto says. 

"Easy." Yuya leads Jaden into the forest on the island.

"Just got to cut through the forest so we get into the main entrance." Yuya says.

"I know this place like the back of my hand let me lead." Jaden leads the front. 

Suddenly two students in Obelisk Blue jackets come across them and activate their duel disks.

"Intruders!" They chant.

"Yuya I got this, keep going North and you'll find the main entrance. I'll keep them busy." Jaden activates his duel disk. 

"Jaden I just can't leave you." Yuya says.

"Yes you can, I know what I'm doing alright. I'll catch up." Jaden nods.

Yuya runs passed the two students and the two students focus on Jaden.

DUEL POV

Jaden: Alright you two, ready to duel? (4000 LP) 

Student 1&2: (4000 LP) Duel!

Student 1: (Draw) I summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound! (Atk: 1000) And now you take 600 points of damage!

Jaden: Agh! (3400 LP) 

Student 1: I set one face down card. 

Jaden: My professor back home runs Ancient Gear as well, I know how to beat him too! (Draw) I activate Polymerization to fuse Elemental HEROs Avian, Wildheart and Bubbleman in my hand to Fusion summon Elemental HERO Core! (Atk: 2700) Core will now attack your Hunting Hound!

Student 1&2: (2300 LP)

Jaden: I'll throw a face down!

Student 2: (Draw) I activate Ancient Fusion! I fuse the other four Ancient Gear monsters in my hand to Fusion summon Chaos Ancient Gear Giant! (Atk: 4500) Attack Core!

Jaden: Agh! (1600 LP) I activate my trap Hero Signal! Appear now Elemental Hero Blazeman! (Atk: 1600) He allows me to add Polymerization to my hand! 

Student 1: (Draw) I now use Chaos Gear Giant to attack your Blazeman and end the duel!

Jaden: Agh! I activate the quick-play spell Hero Guard! By sending Blazeman to the graveyard it ends the Battle Phase!

Student 1: You're just delaying your defeat, and your termination from our island.

Jaden: (Draw) Man you people in the future aren't very nice, my cards are gonna help you though. I activate the spell Miracle Fusion! I fuse Elemental Hero Avian and Wildheart by removing them from play to Fusion summon Elemental Hero Great Tornado! (Atk: 2400) And he cuts Gear Giant's ATK in half! 

Student 2: No! (Atk: 2250) 

Jaden: Next up I activate this, Polymerization to fuse Elemental HERO Woodsman and Ocean in my hand to Fusion summon Elemental Hero Terra Firma! (Atk: 2500) Terra Firma's ability absorbs Great Tornado and his ATK! (Atk: 4900) Terra Firma attack their Ancient Gear Giant!

Student 1&2: Agh! (0 LP) 

Jaden: And that's game! 

Yuya arrives at the front door of the newly built Duel Academy.

"Well Yuya, once we step inside there isn't any coming out." Yuto says.

"It's do or die." Yuri says.

"Don't be so bleak, we got this!" Yugo says.

"Full steam ahead." And Yuya walks inside the front doors of Duel Academy to be camouflaged by a giant gathering of students.

"Time to make our way upstairs." Yuya looks across the room at an elevator beside a flight of stairs.