Chapter III

"A bar. I really can't believe you." Olivia shot her friend a glare from the passenger's side of the car. Lena rolled her eyes and parked in front of the bar and cut the engine. Olivia closed her eyes once she heard the thunder again, trying to control her breathing as she felt her hands start to shake.

Lena was already out the car and didn't notice her friend's hesitation. Olivia's breathing was ragged, the rain hitting against the car roof didn't help at all. After a few seconds, Olivia opened the door and exited the car.

The bar wasn't too full, but there were a bunch of people hanging around it. Lena was at the door, waiting for Olivia. Olivia was thankful Lena wasn't going to pressure her anymore or ask too many questions. She and Lena had been friends forever, and Lena has understood that Olivia just needed time for herself when anxiety or thunderstorms come into play.

After finally getting to the bar, Lena wasted no time rushing to the bartender and order her and Olivia drinks. Olivia took a seat at the bar, on the stool beside Lena. The bartender took their orders and quickly rushed off to get the alcohol.

"So, how's working at Stratford Tower?" Olivia broke the silence between them, crossing her legs as she watched her friend. Lena nodded, "It's good, the pay is awesome, but working with those anti-androids douchebags just pisses me off."

Lena was fully fledged pro-android. She worked at the news station, where they are known to be anti-android, but Lena has decided to make it her job to change their minds. Lena is so much a supporter, her partner is actually an android. Andrew was actually one of the nicest androids Olivia has ever met. From what Olivia heard, he was a dedicated partner and amazing in bed.

Olivia has never actually considered the fact of having a significant other that is an android. Sure, her parents would support her both ways, but Olivia has never experienced an android in that way. Lena has been pushing her to go to the android sex club, Eden's Club, but Olivia has been skeptical.

"What have they done today?" Olivia asked, wanting to catch up on drama happening in Lena's work. There was always something and it was juicy.

The bartender returned with their drinks as Lena leaned in closer. "From what I have heard, Diana from Channel KNC has been having an affair with Wessely."

Olivia's eyebrows shot up. Based on the drama, Wessely had hit on Lena for about three years on end and to make it better, he was married. To add to that, he was having an affair with a news anchor from another news channel? Olivia was disgusted.

"That's a new low, even for him." Olivia took a sip of her whiskey, shaking her head in distaste.

"You're telling me. Humans suck." Lena chuckled, sipping on her drink as Olivia rolled her eyes with a smirk.

The bar was relatively quiet, a few small conversations to the side but nothing too notable. The only loud source of noise was from the T.V. on top of the bar, showing the news from tonight. Of course, it was talking about the new android laws that were now approved and being practiced by all 50 states. When weren't they the topic of conversation?

"Have you found anybody yet?" Lena spoke after a few moments, putting her empty glass on the bar. Olivia vigorously shook her head, shooting down any suspicions her best friend had. Lena frowned slightly, tilting her head to the side as she crossed her legs.

"No, I haven't been dating for awhile, you know this," Olivia spoke in a flat tone.

"C'mon! I could hook you up with one of Andrew's friends!" Lena's excitement contradicted Olivia's somber mood. She hasn't dated in a while and for good reason.

"I don't know, Lena... Androids? I've never..." Olivia's voice dropped as she looked anywhere but at Lena. She chewed at the bottom of her lip anxiously. The redhead across from her pursed her lips and shot her friend an incredulous look.

"How about this... If I set you up with somebody, would you give them a try? Android or human?" Lena was basically begging her best friend. It had been a few years since Olivia decided she was going to stop dating, one person can really screw it up for the rest.

But that was years ago, she was a little kid and she is now a grown woman, but she had walls for a reason.

"I'll think about it." Olivia vaguely responded, downing the rest of her drink. She wasn't much of a drinker but she wasn't feeling her best right now. Thankfully, the thunder and rain were dying down and Olivia was feeling a little better because of that.

Lena frowned but didn't push her best friend. She knew for a fact if Lena did push, she would change her mind and speak nothing of it anymore. Lena took the non-committal answer and moved on.

"How's the job search coming along?" Lena changed the subject, ordering a plate of fries and two bottles of water. Olivia shrugged, chewing her bottom lip nervously as she looked down at her lap.

"Detroit Police Department is still reviewing my application, but Captain Fowler is going to interview me on Monday." Olivia smiled as she popped a fry into her mouth as Lena grinned widely. The redhead squealed and grabbed her friend for a tight embrace. Olivia winced quietly but returned the hug nonetheless.

Olivia had been studying for years to become a detective, she had been fascinated by the field since she was a little girl. Her parents pushed her towards the medical field, like all parents, but she was adamant in her decision. Growing up, she had watched every detective movie, show, and bought every C.S.I kit from her school fair.

Lena always teased her, saying she always was too curious for her own good, but she was always proud of her for chasing her dreams.

"I definitely need to help you prep. This interview is gonna make or break you! I'm going to have to orchestrate this entire interview. You're gonna be so good, they are gonna have to take you!" Lena gushed, barely having enough time to breathe between her sentences.

Olivia's eyes widen as she turned to the bartender, shaking her head. "I don't know her."

The shaggy-haired man chuckled, the sound melodious as he shook his head. Faintly, Olivia could see a small light on the side of his face, a bright blue light. He was an android, Olivia thought. Not that it changed anything, but it was good to know at least.

Lena shook her head with a roll of her eyes, the sudden sound of chiming catching the attention of both girls. The redhead grabbed her phone from her purse, excusing herself as she answered.

"Yes, babe?" Lena spoke into the line, presumably talking to Andrew.

Olivia smiled inwardly. They were a cute couple and Lena made sure everybody knew that. Olivia turned back to her water quietly, eating a few fries as she silently watched the android bartender wipe the bar beside her.

Checking her watch, Olivia cursed under her breath as she quickly sobered up. Lena was still talking on the phone as Olivia grabbed her wallet and put a twenty on the bar. The android bartender perked up once he heard the noise.

Lena grabbed Olivia's arm, frowning silently as Olivia just shook her head. "I'll call you," Lena mouthed as she went back to her phone call.

The dark haired woman stood up, grabbing her purse as she turned back to the bar.

"I'll see you around..." Olivia paused as she waited for a response from the android.

"AP700, but I think you are looking for a name." The android replied knowingly as Olivia nodded curtly.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours?" Olivia grinned as the AP700 chuckled lowly.

"Noah. And I hope I see you around, Olivia." The bartender waved a goodbye as Olivia exited the quiet bar with a small smile on her face.

+

y'all know the drill, if ya liked the chapter, like and comment !

-sisi