Chapter IX

"What got your panties in a twist? Gavin touch you in all the wrong places?" Lieutenant Anderson asked, eyeing the new detective up to down as she was unusually quiet

"What got your panties in a twist? Gavin touch you in all the wrong places?" Lieutenant Anderson asked, eyeing the new detective up to down as she was unusually quiet. In the short time that they have met, Hank could tell something was off.

"None of your damn business." Olivia snapped back coldly, her business face coming into play as she glared into Hank's skull. Connor scanned the detective, finding out that her heart rate was accelerated beyond normal levels and her body was tense.

Hank furrowed his eyes, opening his mouth to retort with some backhanded comment but Connor grabbed his elbow, holding him back. Hank looked down at the android's hand to Connor's face as he saw the seriousness in his face as he shook his head.

"Don't." Connor's voice was barely over a whisper, advising against taking any action that involved getting Olivia angrier or a fight to ensue.

Hank huffed, taking his arm away from the android's grip, not doing what he originally planned. Connor was silently thankful that Hank went against his true nature and listened to Connor.

The hot headed detective took lead, pausing before entering the room with the hostages. She closed her eyes, shaking her hands as she tried to loosen up. Her talk with Doctor Jenkins was an hour ago, but it still gotten to her. Olivia tried not to show any signs of weakness, god knows if any other officers saw her cry, she was going to get teased about it until she died.

She took deep breaths, trying to focus on her job and push down her anger and other emotions. Connor furrowed his brows as he watched the junior detective try to calm down. The android's deviant systems recognized Olivia's distress and the first analysis resulted with a nervousness? But Connor knew it wasn't nervousness.

"Detective?" Connor asked, wearily taking a step towards Olivia and grabbed her elbow softly. The dark haired woman opened her eyes to see a deep emotion embedded in the android's brown eyes - concern.

Olivia's eyes then went to Connor hand around her elbow, surprised by the sudden touch. Connor didn't pick up on Olivia's surprise to his touch as he eyes were still on hers.

"I'm fine, Connor." Olivia lazily lied, her eyes dropping to the floor as she bit the inside of her cheek. The android tilted his head to the side, obviously not believing her.

"I must inform you that androids are equipped with the knowledge of knowing when humans are lying or telling the truth." Connor quipped, his brow still raised as the concern in his eyes didn't fade. Olivia shook her head, taking her arm away from his grasp as she quickly entered the room with the hostages.

Connor sighed, watching the detective leave him as Hank walked up beside the android. He sent Connor a knowing look, but he was too entracted to even form an acceptable response to Hank's gaze.

"C'mon, let's go. We do have a job to do." Hank spoke knowingly, slightly jabbing Connor's side as the android nodded in response.

Inside, all the hostages from the bank robbery were put in separate interrogation rooms and they were going to have to go through all of them. There was 12 hostages total and each one was going to need a thorough rundown of what happened.