Chapter XIII

Olivia swallowed silently, feeling the rain drop hit her head as she pulled the jacket closer to her body. She wasn't exactly dressed for the weather but she was not going to complain. Her apartment was a few blocks away and she had to pick up the speed if she wanted to make it home before the thunderstorm and she was not planning on staying out for that.

Her thoughts drifted back to Connor and she immediately forgot about the weather. Olivia frowned for a moment, a small sigh escaping her pink lips. The cold air shaped her breath into a white air as she walked in the semi-empty streets.

She had no idea what happened to Connor or why he had just suddenly snapped and he fell into that state. Olivia knew it had to something with the android and the interrogation, but if she had to guess, she wouldn't have a clue.

Olivia knew Connor was deviant, he had told her himself, but she didn't know he had that complex of emotions. She would have never known Connor could even feel sorrow, or even sadness to the extent of what she could guess he felt earlier.

It was astonishing to Olivia, but she wasn't going to have a deep heart to heart about his feelings, despite how curious she was.

Shivering, Olivia tried to warm herself up by rubbing her arms but it was futile. The cold got under her skin and despite the layers she wore, the cold found a way to bury itself deep within the city.

Detroit hasn't been the same since Markus and the Android's finally revolted and gained their freedom. The president was slowly but surely giving Android's their rights, but it was still taking the people a while to get used to the fact that Androids were living beings.

People were still protesting and hurting Androids on a daily basis, but it was slowly getting better. Olivia personally was for the Androids and all for Android rights - especially since her best friend was the biggest activist for Androids.

With little pep in her step, Olivia was longing to go home and just sleep for the next two days. She knew for a fact she wouldn't be able to do this because Lieutenant Anderson would call her and tell her to 'get her ass to the precinct.'

Her lack of sleep was starting to mess with her emotions and she could tell. Everything was starting to get to her and she did not like it. Olivia was not acting as herself and she even knew it, she knew sleep would probably cure this but God knows hasn't slept well in days.

The rain was starting to pour onto the dark city, drenching Olivia with it. She heard in the distance a bit of thunder and that caused her to turn up the speed.

Minutes later, Olivia finally reached her apartment building, the building a sight for sore eyes. She exhaled in relief as she entered the building, the heater hitting her in the face as she ran towards the stairs. Olivia sprinted up the stairs and grabbed her apartment keys and got it ready.

Finding her apartment door, Olivia quickly unlocked the apartment and rushed inside. She closed her eyes, unmoving for a moment as Olivia breathed outward. The rain had gotten to her skin and she was freezing. Her apartment was quiet and Olivia was beyond happy for the silence.

Tossing her keys to the kitchen island, Olivia stripped off the officers outfit, unbuttoning the formal shirt, folding it and putting it on the small coffee table in the living room.

She walked to her room, taking off all of her sticky and wet clothes and tossed them in the washer. Olivia grabbed a pair of shorts and a fresh tank top. She quickly dried her hair and braided it on the side.

"T.V on," Olivia spoke as she entered the living room. The TV responded, turning on as the woman walked to her kitchen. Olivia headed straight for the water heater and turned it on.