Chapter IV

THE older Lieutenant and the android arrived at the crime scene exactly eleven minutes after Connor received the report from Captain Fowler. The duo didn't speak much, only discussing everything that the reports had told Connor and it wasn't much to go off of. The only thing that the police and CyberLife knew was that there was a robbery and one of the suspects is a deviant.

It was around three in the morning once the duo was situated at the bank and all of C.S.I had finally arrived (even if Connor could process the evidence quicker, he wasn't going to tell them that.) Hank and Connor exited the car, the sounds of press attacking the police by the police line was louder than the sirens of the cop cars.

"How is it working with an android detective as a partner?"

"Is there going to be more RK800's in the Detroit Police Department?"

"Why have you let an android take the lead on an investigation?"

Hank grumbled as he pushed past the journalists, Connor right behind him as a few reporters start grabbing at the android and his partner. The android brushed past them, not giving them the response they want as Hank pushed past them as fast as he could.

"What makes you think you are good enough to work with our police department?" One reporter grabbed Connor's jacket and pulled him into the swarm of violent journalists. The android clenched his jaw, holding back his comment as he grabbed his arm away from the reporter and continued walking through them without so much as a glance.

Hank crossed the police line, greeting Chris as he entered. The dark-skinned officer waved to the older Lieutenant, turning back to another officer he was speaking to before Hank arrived. Connor noticed the number of federal officials in the building, even the F.B.I was gracing the rest of the police department with their presence.

The duo entered the bank, many more people crowded the inside of the crime scene as Hank scanned the area for any familiar faces. Too many men in suits littered the area, making the Lieutenant grunt under his breath. This was going to go great.

"Lieutenant Anderson!" A voice called to him from the middle of the bank, waving their hands to get his attention. Hank squinted for a second, trying to locate the origin of the noise before his eyes zeroed in on a woman in a lab coat and gloves covering her hands.

The Android and Hank made their way towards the woman, Connor scanning his surroundings as well as he could, but there were too many people and they were blocking all the evidence. Huffing outwardly, the android put his usual stoic face on and put his hands in his pockets, the feeling of the metal coin in his fingers reminded him he needed to self-test once again and restart all cognitive functions.

"What you got for us?" Hank asked, looking down at the first dead body, been dead a little over an hour and the blood had dried. Connor scanned the face of the bank teller, identifying him as Camden Wright, born in August of 2023 and had no criminal background.

Pulling the coin from his pocket, Connor placed the coin in his right hand as he flipped it into the air. His eyes were focused on the dead body before him as the coin flew up and down from Connor's hand. The woman - who Connor presumed to be C.S.I - explained what had happened to Camden, but Connor already knew that the cause of death was the multiple gunshot wounds to the abdomen, but he let her continue in peace.

"Three bullets clearly went through his body, hitting the wooden wall behind him, but I suspect around two more bullets to be still lodged in his organs or bones. This is the oldest stiff, the robbers killed him first." The woman explained, gesturing to Camden's stomach from time to time as Connor made his way to the wall behind the dead body.