Chapter 28 Resting In Your Embrace

Y/N's pov

I walked into Maleficent's studies to find his desk covered in opened books. I slowly walked over to him still in some pain and hugged him from behind. He gently lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it.
"You should be in bed." He said, his back still facing me "You need your rest."
  "I know." I sighed burying my head in his back "But I can pull through. I gotta make sure you don't over work your self. But it's been a stressful day, come to bed. We can research more in the morning. We both need our rest."
  He sighed before turning to face me. He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss before grabbing my hand and heading to his room. He walked me to his bed before walking away to strip the top half of his armor and change his bottom armor into sleepwear.
  Once he finished he lifted the cover and gestured for me to lay down. I nodded before crawling under with him behind me. Maleficent gently wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I knew he was worried about being to close. He was scared I would freak out because of what happened. I was scared but I knew he wouldn't hurt me.
  I wrapped my arms around his waist and hid my head in his chest, taking in his warmth. One of his hands played with my hair as the other held me next to him.
  "Thank you for everything." I muttered sleep taking over me "I know you'll never hurt me. I love you."
As my world went dark I could just barely hear him repeat the very same three words.