Chapter 39 Strength

Y/N's pov

I slowly sat up as an arm loosely stayed wrapped around my waist. I smiled looking down and seeing Maleficent still asleep. I gently unwrapped his arm from around me before getting dressed and heading out. I smiled up at the sun seeping through the torn wall Maleficent put up to protect our camp. It was still early and no one was up yet so I crawled through the torn wall and headed to the meadow we had camped by.
  I sat down in the red flowers as the sun gently started to raise higher. I lifted my hand up as the wind blew leaves and petals around me. Five years since I found out about my powers, three months since I've come home and reconnected with the man I love and my family, and a week since everything started to fall apart again..
  We have to win this battle, no we will win this battle. Someone wants to control me again but it's never gonna happen! Never again!
  "You hear me!" I yelled standing up and looking at the sun rise "I'm not giving up! And I'm not anyone's to control! Never again!"
  The petals from the red flowers blew around me again as I heard voices calling my name. I felt a new strength in me, I couldn't give up not now not ever!
  "Y/N!" Maleficent yelled running into the meadow "You had us worried!"
  "Thank you!" I smiled turning to him "For giving me strength to fight and to live for another day. You're the reason I didn't die five years ago, you keep me fighting and I'm never gonna forget that!"
  I ran into his arms wrapping mine around his neck before pulling him into a passionate kiss. He kept me going and I was grateful to have him as mine.