Chapter 42 Meeting The Knights of Stone

Y/N's pov

"Is that the village?" I questioned pointing ahead before chuckling to myself "That's kinda a idiotic question I guess. Unless there's another one this deep in the forest."
  "There could possibly be more towns or villages deeper in the forest." Maleficent spoke as he continued to walk "But yes dear that is the village we where searching for. Come along."
The atmosphere changed the closer we approached the buildings hidden within the trees. It felt uneasy and depressing as Maleficent's words filled my mind. They are cursed to never fall in love again. Their hearts now made of stone.
  "Maleficent." I spoke jerking my eyes on village as we grew closer and closer "When we have come up with a way to change myself back to normal I want to work on a way to reverse the spell on these people.."
  "That's a very sudden request." My lover spoke as my eyes met his "May I ask why?"
  "No one deserves to love like this.." I muttered as my eyes landed on the moving bodies of stone "Too lose their emotions.. To never feel love.."
  I pushed past Maleficent and my sister running towards the stone people. I skidded to a stop focusing on the lack of emotions on their faces the children sitting around with blank expressions as the adults work all with the same neutral face.
  "Excuse me." I called to a women as she walked past me not even stopping as my voice left my lips "Miss! Please wait-" I was cut off as I was bumped into "Sir! Can you please stop! I need your help!"
I clenched my fists as more stone people walked past me not even blinking an eye. I turned my head towards Maleficent as him and my sister headed over my way.
"Why won't they talk to me?!"
"The spell went further then just stopping their emotions." Maleficent sighed sadly "They can't see anything that holds emotions. You are invisible in their eyes.."
"Now you tell me?" I growled looking up at him "What do we do then? Just take a piece of them! That's horrible! We can't even ask before doing so!"
  "Y/N I promise you I will do everything in my power to help these people after we fix you." Maleficent cupped my chin tilting my face up to meet his "But there is nothing we can do now alright? We need the stone in order to help you first."
  "I don't like this!" I grumbled looking at stone knights my heart aching "But if this helps us get closer to fixing me and eventually them then alright.."
  Maleficent nodded before I watched the male walk over to one of the knights and break of a piece of their shoulder the stone man not even flinching in pain or stopping from heading to his destination.
  "One more item then.." I sighed sadly "You will all be normal one day! I promise.. Thank you for the stone.."
  "Sister they can not hear you.."
  "Maybe they can..?" I smiled sadly looking at Aurora "Maybe they just can't see us.. Let's get the next item then.."