Chapter 40 The Story of the Stone Knights

Y/N's pov

"Two down!" I jumped up happily "Two to go! What's next the dragon or stone knight?"
"We will be heading East." Maleficent said patting my head at my excitement "To the stone knights."
"Sweet! Aurora you and Rose ready!"
  "Sister." Aurora spoke looking down at my smaller form "What has gotten you so excited?"
"I'm well rested and ready to get our last two items!" I smiled at her "I guess I'm just in a good mood!"
  "I've never seen you like this." Maleficent muttered in my ear "I must say I find it very interesting and alluring."
  "Shhhh." I blushed pushing his face away from mine as my sister watched "Not I front of my sister and niece."
  Maleficent just chuckled as the four of us headed East. I held onto his hand as we walked, looking at the trees and wishing life wasn't so chaotic at the moment. What it would be like to just relax and not have to deal with someone after me.
  "Maleficent." I called "What are stone knights? Like how did they come to be."
  "Century's ago a witch cast a spell onto a small remote village." He sighed "She turned the people into moving stone. They look like humans but their bodies are hard and made of stone."
  "But why?" I asked "Did she curse the town?"
  "Her lover was from there." He spoke rubbing his thumb over my knuckles "She found out he had fallen in love again and cursed the town. I guess people do horrible things when they are in love. They are cursed to never feel love again as their hearts are now made of stone."
  "Yeah." I muttered, those poor people "In love with the wrong person. How long is our trip?"
  "About a days walk." Maleficent said "I've never met the stone knights but from what I've read they are very protective of their home." 
  How could one steal love from those who had never hurt them?