eleven

hump day!

the newspaper meeting took place at 11:00 on the dot

the newspaper meeting took place at 11:00 on the dot. everlene stubbled in at 10:55 with a article proposal she had finished only minutes before.

miraculously she one, despite wyatt's efforts.

"as leader of the school newspaper club i have decided to make everlene holland and wyatt oleff co-captains as they have both shown great efforts and leadership in their each article they wrote. as for the front cover articl." mrs cooke announced, showing her crooked smile.

wyatt focused his attention to the girl who was playing with the pleats of her skirt, fidgeting with her fragile fingers, both of them fighting the urge to groan, some more than others.

if they were co-captains this would mean they would have to write articles together, working together was not their strong suit.

everlene was more worried about explaining to her brothers why she was spending time with wyatt, the boy that was consistently picking on her.

"so our next topic is the schools play, beauty and the beast, i expect the two of you to work on that and i expect it on my desk this time next week." the teacher picked up what ali would call 'librarian glasses' from the beaded chain around her neck and balanced them at the tip of her nose.

the pair nodded quickly, not wanting to spend another minute in there.

"okay you're dismissed" she cleared her throat, picking up a stack of random papers and adjusting her glasses once more.

everlene quickly grabbed her school bag and threw it over her shoulder, gathering her books and headed straight for the doors.

"holidays, wait up!" another stupid nickname everlene was not fond of.

"what, wyatt?" she said coming off a little more harsh than intended.

"woah, look i don't want this as much as you," wyatt began before everlene cut him off, "good something we agree on." she spat out.

"looks like little miss perfect finally bites back, ouch." he paused, "as i was saying, let's just make this easier for the both of us and just get the job done." he stated

"fine, my place at five, tomorrow?" she asked, knowing that if her brothers were around he couldn't do so much as even touch her without one of them ripping his head off.

"sure, and don't think this means i'm going easy on you." he flicked her forehead and walked off gripping his book bag tightly to his shoulder.

as everlene began to walk off alison, who just watched the whole thing from the comfort of the gym doorway approached her.

"good luck with that. i'm sure tom will kill him if he tries anything." she ran up to her side wiping the sweat from her brow, still sweating from running laps in gym class.

"thanks, and you smell like sweaty socks and the mouldy sandwich at the bottom of macy's bag" ev pinched her nose slightly making her voice sound more nasally on top of her slowly developing cold.

"you know you love me" she hugged ev from the side and ev scrunched up her nose, squirming away from her grip.

"go hit the showers, i'll see you in math class." she said shoving her friend slightly over to the locker rooms.

"bowling this arvo right?" she asked

"can't, it's like house arrest i swear, treehouse is fine though." she smiled and alison nodded pushing the large door to the locker room.

i hate myself

has anybody noticed how frickin good enchiladas are?

see you in the next chapter <3