twenty

tuesday

everlene left the theater room the night before with a icky feeling in her stomach, like a bellyache but more giddy, she had never felt this way before and she didn't like it

little did she know that wyatt felt it too.

only he knew that feeling all too well, he knew that feeling was love. he knew it from the third grade when a little blonde haired girl named daisy let him cut in the lunch line.

except he couldn't love ev, he couldn't even like her. even if he did she couldn't feel the same, she hated him more than anything.

the feelings didn't go away all day, it only increased when they saw each other, ev wanted to think it was just because she was grossed out to see him but she knew it wasn't that.

that didn't explain why she stuttered on her words more or why her face went red or why the corners of her mouth would turn slightly upwards.

she was walking to her locker when a certain curly headed boy approached her.

"hey ev! you wanna hang out at mine after school? i was thinking we could play some video games or something, if that's cool." he smiled brightly walking next to her.

"sure i would love to, finn. i just have to check with my mum." she returned the smile, getting out her phone to text her mum.

"she said yes, i'll see you after school at the bike racks?" she looked up from her phone at him.

"yep, i got to go, i have chem. but i'll see you." she nodded in response continuing on to her locker.

after school she had met finn by the bike racks, as promised and soon was at his house playing castle crashers, an old favourite of hers from when she was younger.

"hey can i ask you a question?" finn looked over at her but she didn't take her eyes off the screen.

"you just did" she smirked.

"do you like wyatt oleff?" he blurted out and watched as her face went bright red, slowly she turned to face the boy with wide eyes.

"no"

"you do to! i knew it! i really shouldn't say this but i can tell by your eyes that you're in love with him."

"you know nothing"

"that's where you're wrong, ev. you know you like him, you're just scared to admit it."

"no i do not! we just started getting along, i've only really talked to him without fighting for these past to weeks, i barely know him and he hates me."

"you've been next door neighbors for over 7 years! i heard it takes 8 seconds for a person to fall in love, looks like you've had enough time. i think he's that type of guy that's all like 'be mean keep em keen' to hide the fact he has actual feelings anyway so you're probably fine."

"i disagree."

"look me in my eyes and tell me you don't like wyatt jess oleff."

"no, no, no i do not like wyatt jess oleff." there was a slight pause and finn gave her a face and at that moment she knew "oh god i like wyatt jess oleff."