twenty-one

wednesday

upon finding out that everlene indeed liked wyatt, finn took it upon himself to get them together

alison was yet to know that ev liked wyatt and ev was yet to know that alison and her brother were a thing.

step one for finn was to invite them over, finn being in the same group as wyatt made things a lot easier and ev had no idea that wyatt was even coming over.

she sat criss cross on his floor staring at the tv, completely destroying him in mario kart when the sound of the doorbell rang.

"i'll be right back, don't play without me." he paused the game.

and without hesitation as soon as he closed the door to his room she pressed play again, continuing on the round, once she was to the end of her second lap the door busted open.

"EVERLENE! i thought i heard the wii music, you are so dead!" finn screamed and tackled her, she giggled and he began to tickle her.

she was yet to notice wyatt standing in the door, who was looking at the was she threw her head back laughing and gripped onto fist fulls of finn's shirt, attempting to pull him off.

for some reason he felt jealousy wash over him, and that's just what finn wanted.

"st-st-stop f-inn i can't br-breathe" ev said between giggles and finn slowly stopped getting back up to his knees.

"who was at the door?" everlene, who still hadn't noticed the presence of another boy in the room, asked patting down her shirt to smooth out any wrinkles.

wyatt cleared his throat and everlene's face shot up, soon turning bright red, eyes wide and lips parted slightly.

"oh uh... s-sorry- i uh... oh sugar!" she glared at finn who just smirked and shrugged.

"im gonna go get a water, you guys want anything?" finn asked standing up.

wyatt and everlene simply shook their heads, both blushing profusely, wyatt because he had just realized he had feelings for a girl he was meant to hate and everlene because she just embarrassed herself in front of the guy that she was trying her best to stop her feelings for.

finn let out a small chuckle and closed his bedroom door behind him.

when everlene heard the click of a lock and the sly chuckle of a boy she could tell was smirking she let out a huff, ready to break that door down.

"FINN I SWEAR TO GOD-" everlene pounded on the door and began to yell before finn interrupted her.

"be safe ev, see you both in a hour. oh and use protection!" finn exclaimed from the other side of the door.

once again ev let out a huff once again and sat down next to wyatt on the bed.

wyatt seemed flustered, unable to speak but certainly able to stare.

he couldn't take his eyes off the beautiful brown eyed girl beside him who was laying with her feet hanging off the bed and her hands covering her face.

"what now?" for once in his life he was unsure of how to act around ev, it was never this awkward.

"kill finn." she simply said causing wyatt to let out a soft chuckle.

"well that would be illegal so why don't we just play mario kart?" wyatt suggested and everlene just shrugged.

"hey wyatt..." ev trailed off gaining the attention of the boy who went from staring at the floor to staring at the girl in front of him.

"yes, ev?" ev's eyes widened he had never called her ev before.

"i'm just gonna be honest with you, wyatt. do you know why finn locked us in here?" she asked

"no, why did he?"

"well you see, wyatt, ikindoflikeyouanditoldfinnandnowhesmakingithisjobtosetusupandimreallysorryokay"  everlene began slow and the rest was simply a blur, she couldn't even feel wyatt's lips on hers until he pulled away, scared that she hadn't kissed back.

everything was too much for everlene and she couldn't quite understand what was going on, her mind was a jumbled up mess that she couldn't control.

but when she came back to reality and realized what just happened she leaned back in and took wyatt's lips on hers, sealing the deal with a kiss.

if everlene wished could capture this moment in time like a lighting bug in a jar, a mesmerising state of overwhelming emotions, one of which was love.

a unsettling yet familiar word for the both of them.

when the kiss became to cliche the pair pulled apart, a smile prominent on both their faces.

"so what does this mean?" everlene gestured her hand between the two of them.

"what do you think it means, darling?" wyatt grasped everlene's hand, intertwining their fingers.

some cliche bullshit for y'all to hopefully enjoy

thanks for reading i guess

and

we're close to the end of this story!

see you in the next chapter <3