eight

man we're still stuck on tuesday? that sucks.

the girls somehow slipped away, but not without one last lecture from the twins and a hug from paddy, which turned into a short tickle sesh, like usual

the two of them were greeted by some sorta rainbow cupcake cookie situation and a warm smile from alison's mother.

they both scarfed down one or two, grabbing the carton of milk and chugging it down straight from the carton, which ali's mother was immune to since they did this on a regular basis.

they put it back in the fridge that was plastered with alison's achievements and some old magnet alphabet letters that still spelled out 'ali & ev 4 ever' something they wrote at age 6.

when they finished they stood up and brushed off the crumbs and headed outside and up the ladder to their tree house, passing by the old 'no boys allowed sign' on their way through the slightly crooked door that ev's father helped install.

high fives were shared between the two when they sat down on the large brown beanbag that took up a quarter of the treehouses and it wasn't long till they were breaking up laughing at the thought of the look on the losing teams faces.

it ended in them just cracking jokes and staring at the slightly peeling posters along the wall.

"hey ev, ali!" paddy giggled as he came through the door way, sitting down next to the chalkboard that the two of them usually made their crazy, stupid plans.

"hey paddy" everlene got up and ruffled his hair a bit.

"so paddy, you agree your sisters sense in fashion is quite, how do i put this, dull?" ali said looking between paddy and ev.

"hey!" ev said hitting her friend.

"you're not wrong." paddy said looking up and down at ev's outfit; a long gray cardigan, black spaghetti strap singlet, distressed jeans that weren't distressed when she bought them and her old worn out converse that were close to falling apart completely.

"hey!" she repeated now hitting her brother.

"so you agree she will need a new outfit for friday?" ali smiled at paddy.

"depends, what's on friday?" he asked.

"you promise not to tell your brothers?" ali said sticking out her pinkie finger to him, soon he intertwined their fingers.

"i promise." he smiled, the girls always had a special bond with paddy, mainly because he didn't take it upon himself to be the ultimate cock block.

in fact he almost always helped them pull off there stunts by distracting the boys.

"okay there is a party. halloween one to be exact. though it's 2 weeks away and nobody's gonna really be in costume i suppose it's just an excuse for teenagers to party." ali explained while paddy nodded his head along, taking a soda out from the mini fridge.

"hey no soda before bed!" ev tried to take away his sprite but failed, he simply leaned back in his seat and cracked it open.

"it's payment." he took a sip from his drink.

"payment for what?" ev knitted her eyebrows together.

"i'm assuming you two are going to ask me to be a distraction or something." he glanced between the two of them as ali slow clapped.

"you know us so well." she smiled brightly before grabbing a soda for her and ev.

"now, what's the plan?" paddy said and took another sip from his drink as alison and everlene cracked theirs open.

bro i thought of something rly smart and relevant to the authors note but now i've forgotten.

see you in the next chapter <3