fourteen

friday

today was the day of the party and everlene couldn't be more nervous

the plan was set in place and ali was sure nothing could go wrong, however there was one issue, tom knew about the party.

they were unsure of what to expect, neither of them have ever been to a party before.

when school ended everlene planned on going straight to ali's to avoid any confrontation.

sadly her plans were foiled by none other than wyatt oleff, who was simply sticking to his routine of making sure everlene didn't leave school without a hassle.

"hey hollandaise!" he called out to her, she only picked up her pace.

"everlene im talking to you." she fumbled with the chains wrapped around her bike, trying to put the code in before he could reach her.

she failed to say the least, he flicked her ear and pivoted around so he was leaning against the wall beside her.

"what do you want, wyatt?"

"heard you're going to the party at wolfhard's place tonight"

"yes and?" she saw tom approaching from the fields with harrison beside him, which only made her pick up her pace.

"does tom know you're going?" he took note of her frighten expression at the sight of her brother.

"that's beside the point, why do you care?"

"oh no reason, just don't see you as the partying type. i'll be sure to see you there though, hope you're wearing something skimpy" he winked walking off before tom could even see him, leaving the girl to gag.

she hopped on her bike in a hurry, speeding off to alison's home.

she parked her bike on the uneven pavement that was alison's driveway, right behind the large pine tree that alison fell from and broke her arm on more than one occasion.

everlene had arrived there before alison and helped herself to some food and ran up to alison's room, laying face down on her bed waiting for her friend to arrive.

"hey asshole you ready to party?" her friend jumped on top of her squashing her in the process.

"hey fatty you mind getting off of me? i can't breathe." she pushed upwards sending ali flying off the bed.