six

really it's still tuesday?

the sound of lovefool by the cardigans blasted through the speakers of the rundown bowling alley

ev smiled at the sound of it, knowing it was her and ali's song, soon the both of them began lightly singing along, almost in a humming manner.

she aimed the ball slightly off the center so it would curve and give her a strike, a handy trick she picked up from her older brother harry, on her 9th birthday.

she smiled as the pink ball glided across the wood perfectly hitting the center pin, knocking them all down, earning a strike.

sophia scoffed as the cartoon character appeared across the tv screen showing ev got a strike.

next it was ali's turn she scored 9 at first then hit the one remaining achieving a spare.

wyatt's first roll was a gutter ball to which the girls laugh, as he glared daggers at the two.

he rolled again and knocked down 5 pins.

the rest of the game consisted of the girls only rolling spares or strikes and quite a few profanities from the losing team.

neither party shied away from smack talk and the occasional appearance of their middle fingers

at one point around half way through haley brought out girls their usual blue and pink swirled slushies which sorta morphed into purple slush that stained their mouths.

it was the last round, and no it was not neck in neck, it wasn't even close the girls were absolutely winning, by far.

apparently they were too caught up in the game to notice the time.

you see they were usually home by 4, since it was just the two of them playing it didn't take long to finish the game however they were playing in a group of six, with 4 of them being beginners.

the time was now 4:45, the sun close to setting since it was autumn.

sam and harry came down to check on the girls and pick them up.

sometimes everlene hated how protective her brothers were, she understood that she was their only sister but still they treated her like she was incapable of taking care of herself.

the bell atop the door rung signaling someone was walking in followed by muffled footsteps that caused ev and ali's head to snap that direction as they recognised the cheerful tone hidden behind the slowly fading british accent as the pair interacted with haley.

harry's gaze shifted from haley to lane 6 and 7 where he found the group of 6.

his eyes widened and he pushed up the rounded glasses that balanced on his nose he nudged his twin brother in the ribs who soon follows his gaze.

his once cheerful demeanour shifted and was replaced with an angry expression as he saw the distinct head of curls leaning back across from his younger sister with his signature smirk still plastered on his face.

sam turned to haley and apologised before letting out a angry huff of air and stormed off towards the group of 15 year olds.

"oh brother." ev let out a scared sigh and braced herself, sitting up straight in her chair and gripping her school bag tightly.

oh boy. boy oh. i don't get why people think it's okay to just, not update when want them to. like sorry but you can't have a life. no! don't be absurd! you need to write 24/7 because i'm hooked on ur book and i will die if you don't.

that might have been an indirect message to girlmeetsallison who isn't updating every 5 minutes like i want her to! can you believe the audacity of some people?!

anyway thank you all 4 reading like what the heck!

see you in the next chapter <3