Chapter Fifteen: Beautiful Horrors

"Sooo, hows Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome?" I grinned as I filled the napkin dispenser, Becca's curiosity getting the best of her. We were almost closed and didnt expect to see much more foot traffic in here tonight. "He's good, great actually. He asked me to be his girlfriend." I turned around to see Becca's eyes light up and she jumped up and down, squeezing my arm. "Thats so great, girl!" I giggled, her enthusiasm rubbing off on me. "I know, Im pretty happy. He makes me happy." I murmured.

Becca's eyes went soft and she rubbed my shoulder, "awww look at you all smitten!" I lightly smacked her hand away and she grinned. "I tease, I tease," she said, smacking me with her bar towel. I yelped and giggled as she wiped down the counter. "But seriously though, Im glad you guys are getting along."

"Thanks, Bec. Hes not like anyone Ive ever met." Her eyes softened but she stayed silent, not saying anything as we slowly closed up shop. We left a while later and I headed back home, my phone ringing as I reached the paring lot. I picked it up, not looking at the caller display as I grabbed my stuff. "Hello?"

"Good evening," his voice brought a smile to my lips. "Hi, how are you?" I walked slowly toward my building, grinning like an idiot as Lucifer spoke. "Im alright, love and yourself?"

"Im okay, I miss you," the words escaped my lips before I could stop them and I stopped suddenly, wondering if I had gone a little too far. Lucifer's voice however was warm over the line and I instantly relaxed. "I miss you too, love. Are you off to bed soon?" Once inside my building I opted for the stairs instead of the elevator, taking my time. "Unfortunately yes, I just got home from work and have to be up for the breakfast shift tomorrow morning."

"Hmm, no late night visits then?" I smiled, ascending the stairs slowly. "Im afraid not, maybe tomorrow."

"Speaking of tomorrow," he started, just as I reached my floor. I turned around, sitting on the concrete steps. "I wondered if youd join me in attending a gala tomorrow evening?" A gala? I thought, hes inviting me to a gala? I slow smile crept over my lips, my heart beating harder. "Um, Id love to but," realization soon squashed my happiness as I realized I didnt own a formal dress. "I dont have anything to wear." I said sheepishly. Lucifer laughed over the phone, "nonsense, Ill get you a dress. Come by tomorrow by six and we'll get you all sorted. Sound good?"

The thought of attending an event with Lucifer was very exciting, partially because it meant spending more time with him and partially because I had never been to anything as formal as a gala before. "Okay," I breathed. "Good, ill see you tomorrow, love."

"Okay, goodnight Lucifer." I murmured. I heard him inhale deeply, as if speaking his next words were the hardest thing hes ever had to do. "Goodnight, Lorelai." I waited to hear the telltale click of his phone disconnecting, but never heard it. I realized he was waiting for me to hang up. A slow grin spread across my face, "hang up." I said.

I could hear his grin from over the phone. "No, you hang up." I giggled softly, shaking my head and brushing some curls away from my face. "You hang up," I teased. He chuckled and I could imagine him in his penthouse, leaning against the bar with that smirk on his face. "Love, we could be here all night." I hummed, my eyes looking around the empty staircase. "Would that be so bad?"

"I knew I should have snuck over there earlier." he muttered. I bit my lip, recalling how I had felt after our messages this morning. "I think if you had, I wouldnt have made it to work today." I heard his sharp intake of breath, my inner darkness creeping up. "Yes, that was fun this morning."

"I was in the middle of class," I started, "and all I could think about were your hands all over me." I bit my lip, recalling the memory and closing my eyes. "Go on," he said. "I needed you so bad," I whispered. That earned me a startled gasp and I was pleased with myself for catching him off guard. "So what did you do?" his voice had lowered, growing huskier as I spoke. "I went back to my dorm and pretended it was your hands all over me and not my own." I whispered. Lucifer groaned softly and I couldnt help but smirk. It was nice to know I could have such an affect out of him.