Chapter 40- The End

Emma's POV

My head really hurts. I feel... weird. Am I in a dream? Why can't I move? why can't I open my eyes? What the hell is going on!?

"We all want you to wake up. Everyone told me to tell you that they love you. And... I love you too Em. So please... please wake up..."

Wake up? What is he talking about? I AM AWAKE!

My eyes just won't open and I can't seem to talk. Where am I? How did I get here?

Okay Emma calm down and think...

I was at a party I was in the bathroom and then Jack came in...

Oh no. I'm in the hospital. I remember my shoulder being slammed against something and then my head...

That's all I remember.

Wait... did I just hear what Dylan said right? Did he say he loved me?

I just wish I could tell him I love him too.

Maybe in a few minutes I'll open my eyes and will be able to talk.

God I hope so...

Dylan's POV

"Dylan why don't you go get some food or coffee?" Emma's mom asks me.

I shake my head. "I can't leave her side. Not until she wakes up."

She nods her head and says, "okay, I'm going to go get some coffee; I'll grab you some."

She leaves the room leaving only me and Emma.

I grab her hand and kiss it.

I know she'll be okay. She has to be.

This is all feels like deja vu. I need to talk about it. Might as well tell Emma, since she's sleeping and all. Of course I'll tell her when she's awake but, I just can't yet.

"Oh Emma... I guess I'll tell you about my fear of hospitals. When I was young I did something really stupid. I was 14 years old and I stole a car. It was stupid, but I wasn't thinking. I was pissed at mom for something I can't even remember. I ran away and I just stole it. Now because I was only 14, I really didn't know how to drive..." My words drift from me as I take a moment to reveal what's been haunting me for years.

"I was driving and I wasn't going the speed limit because I was angry and didn't know how to drive. There was a curve and I took it too fast and there was another car... I hit the car head on and we both ran off the road. I blacked out for a few minutes; when I regained consciousness I looked around confused. There was blood all over my hands and my head. Luckily I put my seatbelt on, or I would've gone through the windshield and I'd be dead. The window was gone so I took my seat belt off and climbed through it. I looked at the other car and it looked worse than mine. I walked over to the car and heard gasping..."

I looked down as a tear slid down my face.

With an unsteady voice I continued, "the car was small, no bigger than a buggy. It was completely smashed. There was no salvaging it. The person in the car was a young woman who looked to be around 20. She had blond hair and green eyes, and she was wearing a pink sundress that was stained with blood. She looked at me as she was gasping for air. I looked down at her a saw that their was a piece of metal sticking out of her abdomen. There was blood everywhere... I asked her with tears rolling down my face if she had a phone, because I didn't have one. She whispered out a 'yes'. Every movement she made hurt her but I couldn't get to the phone so she grabbed it slowly. As soon as it was in my reach I immediately called 911 and told them what happened. They were on their way Until they got here they guided me by trying to help the girl by applying pressure to her wound to help control the bleeding. She wasn't looking good. Her breaths were becoming shorter and shorter and she was deathly pale. I was sobbing at that point telling her to stay with me. The ambulance and fire department finally came and managed to get her out from the car and in the ambulance. I rode in a separate ambulance so they could check me out. I needed stitches and I had a severe concussion but otherwise I was fine. When we reached the hospital it was too late for her. She was gone. They tried saving her but her wounds were too severe. I killed her."