Flashback: The Truth Behind The Coldness

"Hey Sara let's take a look at this wrecked house, let's discover it maybe we will find a treasure." Fourteen years old Olivia said. Olivia have neck length satin purple hair with an eye-length fringe, She has brown eyes, and just under her left eye she has a small beauty mark.

"Okay, but be careful Olivia, I don't want you to get hurt, you're my only friend and the only thing left to me." Fourteen years old Sara said. She has the same looks, but a short boy haircut.

"I will." Olivia said, both of them held each other hand and walked together inside.

Olivia turned on her flashlight. "Wow! This place is creepy cool." Sara said happily. Olivia saw a figure with red eyes looking at them.

"Sara there is someone else here." Olivia said and put the flash at the figure, but there was nothing.

"There is nothing Liv, I think it's just your imagination playing tricks at you." Sara said.

"You pro--" suddenly a hard breeze hit her, she dropped her flashlight. "Hey, where is the flashlight?" Olivia asked. "I can't find it."

"Don't worry I have a candle." Sara said and lighted the candle. She took a step, suddenly a big shingle scratch Sara's arm. "Ow. I'm bleeding." The candle fell from her hand and set the place on fire. Suddenly a medium sized shingle fell at Sara's leg. "Olivia help me!" Sara cried. Olivia didn't look at Sara and sprint away saving her own life.

Sara cried. "This is the last time I trust anyone." Sara said sadly, after few second all her history of betrayal and abandon played in her mind. Her sadness disappeared and replaced with anger. She angrily shoves the shingle, she looked around her and stood up at her feet and sprint outside, and she saw a window and jumped from it. "Oof, that hurt, but at least I'm free." Her body is full with scars, but the scar that hurt the most is the scar in her heart. "This is it... This is the last time I trust or be friend with... Anyone!" Sara saw a half burned jacket, she wore it, since it was cold. She walked at the woods as the sunset. She looked behind her one last time, she saw firefighters got inside and some of them are throwing water. "Hell this place isn't for me. I better disappear, it will be better for everyone." She kept marching.

But there was something that Sara didn't know; there was someone from that empty building staring at her as she kept walking. It felt little sad and guilty, but then disappear in the darkness.

"Must continue walking." She found a supermarket and enters it.

"Hey you! Get out! I don't want any homeless without money here!" The manager said angrily. Sara looked at her pocket and found some money, but not much and showed it to the manager. "Oh well, if you have money, then welcome." Sara took a bottle of water and piece of bread. She bought them and got out.

"What a shallow person." Sara said, suddenly snow start to drift. She cried. "I want to go home." She cried, everyday Sara ate a small piece of bread, she looked around her, she looked at the window, she saw a happy family, a father and mother, a brother playing with his sister, she felt as there is a pain in her heart as if there was a closed scar just opened and start to bleed, it was hurting. "Who's there for me?" Sara cried out from her lunges, but there wasn't any answer. "Exactly, no one for me." She said quietly and slept under the chair in the park. The next morning she saw in front her a chicken, it wasn't even touched. She was very hungry that she ate it all, she saw a black hungry kitten she gave her a piece of the chicken. She looked up at the sky. "Whoever did that, I thank him very much." She looked down at the kitten. "I guess you left your mother like I did, do you have a name or should I name you?" Sara asked the kitten. She didn't saw any tag. "Well, I'll name you Lora. Do you like it?" She asked the kitten. The kitten jumped with happiness, since that day Sara and Lora stayed together.

Until one day Sara fainted with fever, the next morning she saw herself in a bed. She quickly stood up wanting to leaving, but she felt dizzy and fell at the ground. "I see you woke up." A quiet gentle voice said. Sara looked up and the woman extended her hand to help to stood up, but Sara slapped her hand away.

"Leave me alone you pervert kidnapper." Sara said rudely.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you--"

"--I promise." Sara completed the sentence. "Yeah yeah, I heard this word million time. I don't believe you. Now let me go, and where is my kitten Lora?"

"Don't worry; I cleaned her and so do you." She said sweetly.

Sara smelled herself, "Not dirt." Sara said and stood at her feet. "What do want from me?" She asked.

"I know it's little weird, but I always wished to have a daughter." She said.

"No! I don't trust you, now let me go." Sara said angrily. She looked down at the ground. "I'm sick of this friendship game. You tell me to believe in you, you tell me trust you and you tell me that you won't leave me and at the end you break the promise." She looked up at her. "I'm tired of it, I want it to end." She barks and falls at her knees.

The women bend down to Sara. "I'm Sam. What's your name?" Sam asked.

"Sara." Sara said and looked away refusing to look at Sam.

"Well... Sara, I won't promise you anything, but I'll assure you with healthy happy clean life." Sam said and rubbed Sara's head "I want to help you, but please just this time until your fevers go away. Stay." Sam extends her hand to pull her up.

Sara looked at the ground and nodded her head; she took Sam's hand and stood up. "Just until the fever go, I'll stay." Sara said. Sam smiled sweetly.

After three weeks, the fever went away and as Sara was sick she told Sam about everything, her pain & suffering, her dream and hopes, everything and so Sara knows Sam. The next morning Sam went to Sara's bedroom and found it empty. "M-Maybe she's somewhere." Sam said. She searched everywhere. "I-I guess she left without saying good-bye." Sam fell at her knees and cried, she cupped her teary eyes, suddenly the door opened revealing Sara, with her hand some groceries.

"Sam? A-Are you alright?" Sara asked.

Sam removed her hands and saw Sara; she charged to her and hugged her. "Sara! My beautiful Sara, I thought you left me." Sam said happily.

"Yeah, well now I'm better I wanted to do something useful, so I went to the supermarket." Sara said and rubbed Sam's head. "Beside after knowing you and how lonely you are, I made my mind and I want to stay with you.... Now let me go, I need to take the groceries to the kitchen." Sam pulled away, Sara walked to the kitchen, and before she entered she looked at Sam. "Thanks for taking care of me and listing to me... Mom." Sam's eyes became widen when she heard Sara calling her mother. Sara giggled and went to the kitchen. After days Sam adopted Sara and stayed together happily, but this happiness stopped after several months.

Sam start to be distance from Sara and became working all the time, which made Sara cold person, but Sam always leave Sara a message or a note. After two years Sam and Sara moved to Roseville...