ten.

excuse any mistakes.

Sierratwo days later

Sierra
two days later...

Sitting in the car with Dremond was the last thing Sierra wanted to do this morning. But he told her had to take her to school or she wasn't going at all. She didn't take no for an answer because she was determined to graduate.

Stepping out of the Chrysler, getting a few stairs from people in the parking lot. Sierra locked eyes with Ty as he burned a whole through her eyes.

She started to walk as Dremond pulled out, driving recklessly on school grounds at that, catching up with Ty.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked quietly, interrupting him in a conversation with a few boys.

"About what?" He told her with an eyebrow raised

"Please it's important." She begged

"Aight y'all, imma holla at chu niggas later." He said stepping away from the group.

"What the fuck could you possibly wanna talk about?" He asked her folding his arms.

"Why are you acting like this? I haven't did anything to you."

"You missed my mama anniversary last week. You was too caught up in whatever the fuck you was doing. And what's this shit people saying that you prostituing now? Is that shit true?" He demands an answer from her

She couldn't get her words out as she was stuttering on nothing.

"That's what I thought. See you aroun' Sisi. You let us all down, I expected better from you. I never thought you do some shit like that." He told her as he walked off from her.

Her throat was burning from the tears that she was holding back this whole time. Coming to school wasn't such a good idea, she thought to herself.

As she made it to her first period everyone gave her stares and whispered to each other. Ignoring like she always did when the bell rang just as she was about to get up the teacher asked her to stay after class.

"Ms. Carter, I see you're back in class today. Will their be any other days that you'll be missing?" Mrs. Hunter her English 4 teacher asked her.

"No ma'am hopefully not, I'm sorry but I need to pass this class, I'll do anything to catch up on my work. Even stay after class." She pleaded.

"I'm sorry but there's not much you can do. It's the first few weeks and you're already missing assignments. The best thing you can do is come to class everyday and study hard."

"I will, thank you for informing me." As she was about to walk off her teacher grabbed her arm gently.

"Are those bruises Sierra? Is something going on that you're not letting anyone know?" Mrs. Hunter said as she searched her eyes for answers.

"I'm fine. No problems, can I go now? Ima be late for my next class." Sierra questioned. Mrs. Hunter nodded her head and let go of her arm smiling. Then turning to the board and began writing.

Lunch break rolled in. Sierra couldn't leave the campus with Ty as she usually did so she searched for Shay.

"Shay!" She yelled catching her attention.

"Sisi? Damn I didn't think you were coming back to school. What's up?"

"How are you doing?" She asked her

"The real question is, how are you doing? And why are people saying they see you on the street downtown where the prostitutes be at?" She whispered with her last words

Sierra rolled her eyes and stayed quiet. She knew this news was going to get out sooner or later and she didn't like it not one bit.

"Don't listen to what people say. How are you and Rashard?" She nodded up at him.

"We been off and on. Either way it goes that's still my baby daddy." She stuck her tongue out smiling causing Sierra to laugh for the first time in forever.

"Are you okay though? I been worried about you. I couldn't stop thinking about my bestie after that argument we had a couple weeks though."

"I'm fine now that im talking to you." She smiled.

"Ty's disappointed at you with the news he heard. Every time we talk he won't shut up about how he misses you."

"Really?" Sierra thought out loud and Shay heard her.

"Yes really. You should go talk to him." She suggested.

"I already did. And he's mad as fuck at me, he gave me a mini speech about how im so much better than that." She sighed

"Keep trying. Y'all been friends since Jr high. That shit ain't died down yet." Shay told her.

"And start bringing your ass to school! Before you be catching up on classes next year." She playfully slapped her shoulder.

"I am. Just as long as you here." Sierra replied.

"As much as I don't wanna come to this piece of shit, I'm gone bring my ass here anyways." They both laughed.

A/N: I hope everyone is enjoying this new version of the book and for my old readers I love y'all. Vote and comment. Add my other books into your library.

© 2018 sighkors.