67

———

   Taehyung smiles when he sees Yoongi making his way over to the bench in the same old park. It was Thursday evening and Taehyung asked him if they could meet because Taehyung wanted to get his past out of the way. Taehyung scooter over so he could sit down, "Thanks for coming."

Yoongi nods, "Well, I owe it to you."

There was a slight breeze that blew, making Taehyung's hair flip back and expose some forehead. It was a little chilly given the fact that it was getting close to winter. Yoongi looked bored like he always did, but Taehyung learned that he wasn't. It was just his natural face.

Taehyung's lips lift upwards. "Okay, so how do we start this?"

Yoongi shrugs and looks up to squint at the dimming sky, then turning to face Taehyung, "Just tell me what it was like to live with your father, I guess."

Taehyung slowly nods. Taehyung thinks one of his biggest flaws is trying to completely forget what has happened to him. He agrees with Yoongi when he told him that he needs to get it all out there so he could move on.

Taehyung bites his bottom lip as he thinks, "Well, it was terrible. I was scared all the time and I would get hit for doing nothing," Taehyung says, frowning.

"How would he hurt you?"

Taehyung breathes in deeply, "Punch, kick, slap, and he tried to make me drink bleach once," he says, looking down at his feet. He watches his foot pick up mulch and fling it not far from him as Yoongi begins to speak.

"Would he say things?"

Taehyung could tell that Yoongi didn't like the fact the Taehyung's dad did these things to him. Taehyung assumed it was because he thought of his brother in that situation.

"Yeah," Taehyung swallows, "just the usual things. I'm worthless, undesirable, needy, and of course, a faggot," Taehyung whispers, clenching his fist so his hands don't start to shake.

Yoongi looks over at the younger and he hates that it clearly still affects him. Yoongi hesitates before speaking, "How did you feel?"

Taehyung looks upset as he shakes his head, "I felt exactly it. I believed those things. Those words were beat into me," Taehyung says, his lips wobbling, "I-I sometimes still believe them."

Taehyung clenched his eyes shut, hearing and remembering the sounds of his screams and his fathers sinister voice yelling those words at him. Every hit came another word. Over and over.

Yoongi puts a hand on Taehyung's back as the younger leans over and puts his face in his hands, letting out a broken and squeaky cry.

"Taehyung, it's okay," Yoongi whispers and he rubs in a circular pattern, "Nothing will ever happen like that again."

Taehyung blindly reaches out and grabs Yoongi's other hand that was resting in his lap. He squeezes it as he sits up, his eyes turning red from crying.

"D-do you promise?" Taehyung cries, clutching Yoongi's hand for dear life, a deep frown that doesn't belong set on his lips.

Yoongi hated to see him like this. Yeah, he's seen him cry but usually it was about stupid shit like Jungkook. This was a serious issue and Yoongi didn't like that Taehyung has been so hurt that he's promising Yoongi to set the future in stone.

Yoongi nods, but Taehyung isn't satisfied with a nod. He puts his pinky up and waits for Yoongi to promise him. Yoongi fodly looks at the gesture, putting his pinky up as well and wrapping around Taehyung's slender one.

Yoongi would be damned if he let something ever happen to Taehyung.

———

Taehyung told Jimin and Jungkook that he was going to meet Yoongi at the park. Of course both boys were salty about it, but didn't stop him.