Chapter|26

"We have another idea." the witches were cackling at each other, as another one spoke. Damien held the unconscious girl in his arms. "We can make her forget him." The jet black-haired women looked at the fallen leader in pure evil. In return, Kyle bared his teeth in disgust, but what could he do? Beside him, Luke only stared helplessly at the floor.

"You can not use a memory spell on two that have already bonded." the devil looked at the women in utter annoyance and disgust. "The bond can not make them forget each other. If that was the case, I would have had that done instead of a time curse." He seemed to want to say more, but he held his tongue, and let his expression tell the room what he had wished to say instead.

"That's where you are wrong." The air was still after that. No one insulted the devil, but he was desperate, so he let the comment slide.

"It's true that half of them are bonded. The other mindset in them, the other entity in their minds are not. We can make that part of them forget each other, and if you play this well enough, just maybe, that entity can confuse the other one." the head witch of the table rose as the rest followed.

"So you're saying a memory spell is possible." the devil questioned, his face widening into a grin.

"Most definitely."

By then, half of the witches council was already out the door. "Where are you going?" the devil asked in confusion. Finally, the last witch at the end of the table got up.

Viana stirred, and as she woke up, she was confronted with the rather empty room.

"The witches council came in here with the thoughts of doing a time spell, but since it has now been changed to a mere memory spell, one witch will be more than enough." She had blazing red hair and gray eyes. She looked like Morgan, but she wasn't.

"Who are—who are you?" Viana stammered in Damien's arms.

"You're not Morgan. You're too old to be Morgan. Who are you?" she continued as if adding this extra sentence would clear up the confusion. The witch's expression didn't change.

"Who is this Morgan?" the red-head asked, turning to Kyle and Luke as if they could explain this unusual name.

"Vi." the name was said almost too softly, but with her super hearing, Viana could make out the word perfectly. She looked at Luke and saw the pure pain in his eyes as he struggled to meet her's.

"That's Morgan's mother. Or was, I mean."

If Morgan still existed.

Luke's unspoken words rang almost too loudly in her ears.

Scoffing, the witch waved a hand in the air to silence them. "Nonsense, I do not have a daughter. I am a mother to no one."

It was a joke. A cruel joke. Morgan had sacrificed everything for them, and it was only fate that her mother would be the one to make Morgan's intentions fruitless.

"Make all three of them forget," the booming voice of the monster caused her to shudder in fear.

"Whats going on?" Viana asked herself.

"They are going to make you forget about Kyle." the sadness in her own voice was so unbearable.

"I thought we were bonded with him?" the clueless, highschool Viana, struggled to understand the dire situation she was in.

The 1921 part of her mind only sighed. "I am bonded to him. You're not."

"So they will make me forget you?"